Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New SE...I like it I really do!

Cody

I got the new SE today and really like what I see. Boy getting the menu more organized really takes care of a personal irritant for me. I hate to see a menu progression that seems poorly organized and no matter how willing I am to adopt to it I have it stuck in my craw. I nothing else this is going to make me a lot happier.

I got to confess I do like the faster updating of the display. I have worked with equipment with some kind of display for most of my life and really appreciate a quick update. What little testing I could get in, before company showed up, the pitch hold is absolutely great. I put in my old settings and the pitch hold will be right up front in changes to features that were really bugging me man. Yes they have made me a happy camper.

Another good advantage for me personally is I have been using the smaller coil as I thought the older stock coil looked and worked like a log chain. I can live with the new stock coil a 100% better and with the VCO pinpointing it much easier to use.

I know it sounds like I am trying to pitch the SE but simple telling it like it is for me. As you know it is going to take some field use to really be sure but after 45 years of this a guy can tell pretty quickly if it is going to be worth the dance.

I like it.

I too see and like what you are seeing even though I only did a few test with it before, I see what you are seeing and like what I see. Now I am waiting for mine that is back ordered to take it out to one of the sites and then let James try it too and see what he thinks. I feel we are going to see more and more experienced Explorer users posting good they too will be seeing with the SE. like I said before if you cant run a XS or XS II this SE you may never see the improvement it has.

I am very pleased with the changes as I think they took care of most of the irritants that bugged me with the EX2. I really like the EX2 but there were features and areas I thought needed to be changed and evidently so did the engineers at Minelab. However there a few that I think is really going to be a plus for me.

Playing with it last evening I can see that the microprocessors is very much faster updating the data on the screen than the EX2. I am very pleased with the VCO pinpointing and tone lock feature as I have already said.