Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New search coils

I was lookin' through KellyCo's selection of aftermarket coils and noticed they have a small elliptical coil for the Minelabs.
I think it's like 4-1/2" by 7-1/2" or something like that.
Anybody tried one of these yet ???
Would this be for combining a wider sweep path with better trash separation capabilities ???
Inquiring minds want to know:confused:

OOOPS !
Me bad.
I shoulda scrolled down through Bryce's selection of coil field tests.
At any rate,if anybody wants to put their 2 cent piece in , I'd love to hear pros and cons on the smaller coils for trashy sites.
I'm thinking of tooling up my EXP II a little bit, in anticipation.

Not a lot of cons to using a smaller coil in trash especially if you are griding an area. Now if you are in and out of the trash.... then you are loosing depth in most cases to a good larger coil. Otherwise those small coils separate well, get good depth and can run a little higher sensitivity. Since they arent going as deep they arent hitting the deeper iron so you wont get as much nulling.

Dew

Dew

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback.
My main concern is trying to wrestle a bigger coil in high grass.Like my SEF 10x12.
You can't really get close to the ground with a larger coil,so I'm thinking some of the depth is lost anyway.
The smaller coil could be worked down between the grass clumps better I would think.
My intended work site is an early 1800's farm house and adjoining un-mowed meadow.
I'm anticipating booku scrap iron in the yard ,and... well , just about everywhere else too.
So,I figured if I add to my coil arsenal , I would have some options if the iron content was intense.