Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New sef 10x12 arrived

cypearl

I finally have got my sef 10x12 sef coil works fine air tested 15rx discrimination 85 no overload indoors. I found a small quarter just under a guns' shell a couple of days ago and I am confident this coil will get more things from the ground. It is not heavy at all and it's the v rated white color. To be honest now I feel like I have a detector that I won't be scared of loosing a coin from other detector buddies.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,1842865

I have been using the white SEF "V" rated coil on my VX3 since I got the detector. I never put the stock coil on the detector. As Rob said, the coil is stable at high gains, the numbers and depth gauge work perfectly as do the tones. It is perfectly balanced, but so far as depth, it seems as deep or slightly deeper than the 10 inch dd coil on the V3i I owned. One thing I have noticed about a "butterfly" coil is how much fine dirt gets trapped under the coil cover. I don't know if it is my imagination, but I believe the design funnels more crap under the coil cover. I have had Minelabs with the "Pro" coil and it also needed cleaned weekly. I don't hunt beaches so I am always amazed at the amount of crap under the coil cover. Tip: use ice cream bar sticks to help remove the coil cover. Very easy and quick. All and all, it is a great coil.

Heres an even better idea.................
Run a small bead of silicone around the junction of coil and cover .... this seals out dirt and moisture.... problem solved and you won't have to remove the cover until it is time to replace it from wear..... and that will be a mighty long time.

answer is 200 for a coil and 20 for a cover what one would you like to wear out ???You can buy a lot of covers for the price of a new coil
Don

Unless your rubbing the ground is their any need for the cover and extra weight?

I don't use the covers and have yet to damage a coil. The SEF would take a hugh amount of rubbing to wear through. It depends where and how you hunt.

Rob, that's my thought as well!

I used no cover on the 10dd and and it's gone now guys, you better use a cover it is just a 2 or something mm thick and you can rub it a bit on soil if it's believed you loose depth.