Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Show "Diggers" on National Geographic Channel

Not sure if anyone had any thoughts on this so I will throw it our there. Just saw the commercial for this, unlike American Diggers, this is two guys with metal detectors. Since I am new here, I dont know if they are in fact members here or somewhere else but I just wonder how this show will protray this hobby as. Hopefully they will be respectful and not tear it up like Ric Savage. Anyway, just search the NG channel or go here:
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/diggers/

Hahahaha Yea they have been around for awhile.. A lot of Silly vocabulary

Elton said:
Hahahaha Yea they have been around for awhile.. A lot of Silly vocabulary

I thought they might.be...not sure if this was discussed before but it looked like a new show.

I have not yet seen one of their shows but I saw an advertisement for the show on TV and I was not impressed. It appears that it will be like all the other "Reality" shows that are nothing like Reality. Maybe I am using my detector improperly as every time I dig a target it is not a rare coin or valuable antique or even more valuable relic.

Yeah, when this showed first aired last year there was some pretty harsh criticism of it on the forums... be expecting more posts regarding this matter forthcoming. You will also get questions from your friends, co-workers, and family about it especially if you have told them you detect. So be ready for those as well.
Mud

Wow...didnt know that nor that it aired last year. Must of been a test run or pilot because I never caught it. I checked some of the videos on the site and it looks OK based on only a couple which were segments on getting permission, picking up trash and filling your holes. But I know how these shows can go and its easy for some production to sensationalize the hobby for ratings or whatever it takes to get viewers. Either way, I dont think it will last...just my opinion.

Yep, it's here to stay Tim and George spent the last 6 months filming 20 episodes. And there are some great episodes. If you guys would have watched CBS this morning you would have seen where Tim and George found the actual house from the hatfield and McCoy last battle.

Hey Montanagold. Dont believe all you see on Tv about the Hatfields and my Clan. I could not believe the bovine feces that they claimed to be true.

montanagold said:
Yep, it's here to stay Tim and George spent the last 6 months filming 20 episodes. And there are some great episodes. If you guys would have watched CBS this morning you would have seen where Tim and George found the actual house from the hatfield and McCoy last battle.

Hello, Just seen the local news this A.M. and that airs Jan 29th. It was on our local news since I and also MarkCZ live about 60 miles ( I believe) from that site. Tell the truth I wish it would had been someone else doing the show besides "King George" and "The Ring Master" finding "Juice" and "Roundness". Maybe we will get lucky and the show will be watchable and enjoyable, and not leave a bad taste like it did last years. IMHO... I remember last year some like it and some don't. Anyway I'm interested to see how the show go's being local to me and hope I will like it more this season.

HH, Rick

So let the show begin.... I'm ready to see some good finds....

Acting like 5 year olds, hanging from trees..I was embarrassed for them.. Turned it off after 15 minutes..

No need to be embarrassed for them Elton they don't do it to impress people, they do it for the joy and excitement. But thanks

Man if I had permission to hunt some of those properties,I think I would have toned it down a couple notches,sure hope that show doesn't scew it up for the rest of us

I would like to challenge them to a duel. my mxt against their at's I think that is what they were using.

I still watch it but not 100% attention. I have it on and doing something else at the same time so I can zone out the parts I don't like... roundness, nectar, juice, cologne, whatever..... If I watch it like my life depended on it I would puke. I guess metal detecting to the common person is boring and this has to be added to make it entertaining. I guess its like the bar reality shows, you have to add the women to keep people watching.

[size=large]I think these guys are overacting bigtime, I guess they need to add excitement for the viewers,,,I'm no expert but I do alot of reading, watch YouTube video's on detecting I never heard the term (Juice)...I been detecting my azz off for about a year and a half and never found a seated coin they find one 15 minute into the show,,,lol....Then they are coming up with 1700's copper all this in a half hour show with commercials...lmao...They are using the AT Pro's which are decent machine $ 650 to $ 700 range, but the are wearing those cheep azz headphone the Kellyco throws in with a purchase just as they are explaining to the viewers you are waiting for that hight pitch...then comes the high pitch..lol.
And if they are wearing headphones how are we hearing the beeps...lol..I guess it's easy to be a critic when we know the hobby,,and they have to add the extra over the top excitment to keep the audiance tune in..I'm glad to see our hobby getting attention,,,,although now when you ask a landowner for permission to hunt there property and they saw this series theyare gonna thing you are cleaning the out off their 1700's coins..lol....They will probly respond that they already detected it after watching this series...lol....Oh well just some honest thoughts...Keep on Truck'in..(KCH)