Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New silver coin record for me!

still looking 52

Decided to try the woods just off the edge of the park we normally hunt, we hadn't been there long about an hour and I hit this hot spot where I found four silver dimes in about a thirty minute period, two dimes where in the same hole. After finding two in the same hole I went and got my brother to join in on the fun and while he was standing only a few feet from me I found another two silver dimes in a twenty minute period.
None of the coins where that deep, three to four inches, so it was just I got lucky that day. Most likely the same person lost all the coins on the same day, they where that close together.

Great finds. I would pound that area to death. There must be a silver quarter lying there somewhere.

Nice job. I agree on your theory that they were all lost at the same time. The wear pattern on them tells a story. The 26 Merc has the most wear followed by the 37 having less wear and then the 43 and 44 having very little wear. They were probably lost about 1945. A great 4 silver day.

Very nice finds it’s strange how you get those days where silver just keeps coming I had a great day last week on vacation
One morning got 3 but one was a seated 1876 CC quarter I was in shock!
I’ve never found a CC coin in CT or my father he’s been detecting more than 40 years!

oh yeah and I hunt the edges a lot and do very well great area to focus on

dfmike said:
Great finds. I would pound that area to death. There must be a silver quarter lying there somewhere.
Excactly my plans! My thoughts are there hasn't been much detecting in the area because these four dimes we're metal detecting 101. Never know Mike, there could be even better than a quarter in those woods.

Mkus said:
Very nice finds it’s strange how you get those days where silver just keeps coming I had a great day last week on vacation
One morning got 3 but one was a seated 1876 CC quarter I was in shock!
I’ve never found a CC coin in CT or my father he’s been detecting more than 40 years!
Still looking for my first liberty seated coin, maybe it's hiding under one of those big oak trees?

Well that coin was found along the edge of this park so they're out there

Very nice indeed!!!:beers: