Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Simplex+ pinpoint speaker disabled unless I hold the button down?

Southwind

Call me crazy, but I was sure before I could just push the pinpoint button and release it and pinpoint a target? Now I have to hold the pinpoint button down while I'm pinpointing? When I press the pinpoint button it shows a speaker with an X like the sound is disabled? Sound works if I hold the pinpoint button down?
DSC02418.JPG

Most pinpoint buttons on almost any machine require you to hold the pinpoint button . Otherwise it would just be in all metal mode. You may have just forgotten or thought that it worked the other way. Seems to me like it is functioning normally. Hope this helped ease your mind. I have read a lot of good posts about your machine. When you press and hold pinpoint button it disables discrimination and detects all metal.

Thanks. That could be, but I just don't remember it working that way, and I've been using the Simplex for over a month? Also, why when I press the pinpoint button and let it off, I get this screen with a speaker and an X like it has been disabled? It does not go into regular hunting mode until I press it a second time?

I understand it is meant to be a mute function, but why would anyone not just change the frequency so they don't have to press the mute button every time they want to use their pinpointer? Also, right next to the same button is an on/off that does the same thing?