Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Simplex with 2.78 update.

Old coin hunter

Just started metal detecting two months ago using the 11 inch and 9.5 x 5 coils. To date I've found 680 coins consisting of 1 walking half, 4 merc dimes,1 barber dime, 1 buff, 1 war Nickel, 2 Indian pennies and 29 wheats. I am wondering if the 2.77 would be better than the 2.78. Thanks.

Just started metal detecting two months ago using the 11 inch and 9.5 x 5 coils. To date I've found 680 coins consisting of 1 walking half, 4 merc dimes,1 barber dime, 1 buff, 1 war Nickel, 2 Indian pennies and 29 wheats. I am wondering if the 2.77 would be better than the 2.78. Thanks.
First, congratulations on using the excellent Simplex + and on the success you've reported.

Second, Yes, in my opinion. I went from 2.68 to the 2.76 in one Simplex + and 2.77 in my 2nd Simplex +, then I upped my first unit to also be at 2.77. I had absolutely no reason to go back to reduced performance. Here's a quote from their website regarding the updates:

"IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH THE INCREASED ID DEPTHS OF VERSION 2.76 OR 2.77, YOU DO NOT NEED TO INSTALL THIS UPDATE!

ID stability and depths have been changed back to the same levels of version 2.68. This will NOT affect the overall depth and sensitivity of the device."

I don't have any issues with ID Stability, and if I want "reduced depth" I can opt for the original Park mode that is now Park 2, or I can simply reduce the Sensitivity Level. I use the 5X9½ DD most often on my primary-use Simplex + and most of the time I am at full Sensitivity and, when needed, I might drop it one or possibly 2 bars due to EMI. I mainly use Park 1, then Field and switch-off to Beach on occasion to enjoy the non-VCO audio when in a 2-Tone search.

But, Nokta / Makro gave it a user's choice to update so I've pleasingly satisfied with 2.77.

Monte

First, congratulations on using the excellent Simplex + and on the success you've reported.

Second, Yes, in my opinion. I went from 2.68 to the 2.76 in one Simplex + and 2.77 in my 2nd Simplex +, then I upped my first unit to also be at 2.77. I had absolutely no reason to go back to reduced performance. Here's a quote from their website regarding the updates:

"IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH THE INCREASED ID DEPTHS OF VERSION 2.76 OR 2.77, YOU DO NOT NEED TO INSTALL THIS UPDATE!

ID stability and depths have been changed back to the same levels of version 2.68. This will NOT affect the overall depth and sensitivity of the device."

I don't have any issues with ID Stability, and if I want "reduced depth" I can opt for the original Park mode that is now Park 2, or I can simply reduce the Sensitivity Level. I use the 5X9½ DD most often on my primary-use Simplex + and most of the time I am at full Sensitivity and, when needed, I might drop it one or possibly 2 bars due to EMI. I mainly use Park 1, then Field and switch-off to Beach on occasion to enjoy the non-VCO audio when in a 2-Tone search.

But, Nokta / Makro gave it a user's choice to update so I've pleasingly satisfied with 2.77.

Monte
Monte: Mine came with the 2.78 already installed. Should i download the 2.77? Jim

Monte: Mine came with the 2.78 already installed. Should i download the 2.77? Jim
Just reread your post and saw where you think it would be better with 2.77. Any learning curve after downloading it? Jim

Just reread your post and saw where you think it would be better with 2.77. Any learning curve after downloading it? Jim
[/QUO
I'm in the same situation. What version did you end up running?

My Simplex came with 2.78 also and after seeing videos on Youtube and reading other posts about the update, I decided to try 2.77 since I could easily go back to 2.78 if I wanted to. I have a 8-9 inch silver dime buried in my yard and tested both versions with the SP24 coil at full sensitivity. I got virtually the same results with the ID Depth, both were jumpy with good high tone audio and if anything 2.78 had more correct ID numbers than 2.77. I do like the stability of the detector with 2.78 over 2.77 so I am not planning on going back to 2.77. In my opinion, if you lose any ID depth it is very insignificant and the stability gained with 2.78 is worth it to me. The website states that the overall depth and sensitivity are not affected. I will admit that I have limited experience so far with my Simplex + and I only tested it on the single target that I knew would be a struggle for the detector to ID properly anyway. Again, at that depth both versions were jumpy.

I just got a new Simplex this week. I was surprised to find that it shipped with 2.78. I was surprised because Dilek said in her video that 2.78 was only needed if you weren't satisfied with 2.77 VDI, or that's the way I understood it.
Anyway this machine is way more stable than the first one I bought and got rid of about a year ago.
It also gives a VDI on my 10 and a half inch dime, which the first machine wouldn't. And yes the VDI is jumping.
I can't believe it but it is more stable in my house than the Equinox. I can actually have the sensitivity on six in the house and do air test with no interference. This is with the small coil. This setup is so quiet it's almost like something is wrong with it but it works fine when you swing it over a target.

I just got a new Simplex this week. I was surprised to find that it shipped with 2.78. I was surprised because Dilek said in her video that 2.78 was only needed if you weren't satisfied with 2.77 VDI, or that's the way I understood it.
Anyway this machine is way more stable than the first one I bought and got rid of about a year ago.
It also gives a VDI on my 10 and a half inch dime, which the first machine wouldn't. And yes the VDI is jumping.
I can't believe it but it is more stable in my house than the Equinox. I can actually have the sensitivity on six in the house and do air test with no interference. This is with the small coil. This setup is so quiet it's almost like something is wrong with it but it works fine when you swing it over a target.
That was my experience too. 278 more stable, not as noisy or prone to interference and no depth loss. Congrats on your new machine !!

I would say to anyone who already has the 2.78 installed to just stay with it. You will see no benefit by reverting back to the 2.77
The 2.78 will do everything the 2.77 does and it's more stable and accurate with pinpointing and target ID in my opinion. If your still unsure then you can take the time to test them both out and see for yourself.... like I did......

You don't lose any depth with 2.78 the only difference is target I'd isn't as jumpy but won't I'd as deep. Personally I prefer to hear a faint high tone with no target I'd, that means there's a good chance it's an awesome target at max depth.

Wow we quickly go off course. We would like to have English in here so we can read it. It has absolutely nothing to do with being racist or any of that. I had a home built here in the south and the crew that put the brick on the home screwed it all up and it needed redone . They were all non English speaking workers from south of the border. Well it was tough for my to communicate with them . They redid the brick only to screw it up again. Had inspection and it didn't pass. So I demanded an english speaking crew to do it. Am I racist? Not in this lifetime or any other but in certain times it's much better for both parties if they could speak english for better communication. If this forum is or was multi language then I've never heard of it. And I've been a member like 15 years or so. If there were several languages on here I'd have to leave it because I would not be able to read it.. oh and I hate dialing 1-800 numbers and being made to push 1 for English. There I'm sure I will be racist now. Have a nice night.

Brother, you are correct that this went off track. I understand and actually agree with you on most of what you say. Here is what I think if it means anything. That man asked in spanish if the simplex was a good first machine. Now as you said you are not prejudice, I do believe you. This guy just asked for a bit of help in the language he spoke. Now someone could have politely told him that most here speak english and could he try to communicate in english. No someone had to respond with a sarcastic response using an exclamation point to make clear the tone of the statement. That was wrong. I am not fluent in spanish but I understood and felt bad for the guy so I tried to give him a simple answer. I was met with the same tone by silverseeker2. He called me a potty mouth and disrespected my service to this country. I read all his posts. He has a bad mouth and attitude. He referenced God and Christ. Christ was probably not a white man nor spoke english. As to your experience with your home builders, your contractor should have been licensed and held accountable. If they screwed up damm right fix it. I more than anyone hate to call customer service for metro pcs and get a person with a 50 word english vocabulary. I dont speak tagalog. Or go through a drive through and ask for no mayo and still get it on my burger. Man I get it. I just think all people should be given a fair chance. Is that wrong? I spent 3 years in the jungle in the darien gap. My last name is spanish but I was hated because I was a gringo from the United States. There are good and bad in all cultures and places. I just dont think it was right to jump on that guy on his very first post! And then giving me hell for answering him. After reading silverseeker2s posts I do believe he is prejudice. You took time to patiently and respectfully explain your thoughts. That deserves respect. And just so everyone knows I am conservative, the first time I voted I voted for Ronald Reagan. A damm good president he was. I voted for Donald in 16 and 20 and I will in 24 because he will be back. I am very pro 2nd amendment.
Thank you. I voted same and will again. I carry daily retired from Dept of corrections and my home was finally finished properly lol. God bless.

Why didn't "Dr. Detek" use a translation app. for posting his question. Once we had spanish speaking guest for a week. They knew 50 words of english. We knew 50 words of spanish. The spanish/english translation app on the iPad sure was a lot of help. A translation app in china was a big help also.

Wow we quickly go off course. We would like to have English in here so we can read it. It has absolutely nothing to do with being racist or any of that. I had a home built here in the south and the crew that put the brick on the home screwed it all up and it needed redone . They were all non English speaking workers from south of the border. Well it was tough for my to communicate with them . They redid the brick only to screw it up again. Had inspection and it didn't pass. So I demanded an english speaking crew to do it. Am I racist? Not in this lifetime or any other but in certain times it's much better for both parties if they could speak english for better communication. If this forum is or was multi language then I've never heard of it. And I've been a member like 15 years or so. If there were several languages on here I'd have to leave it because I would not be able to read it.. oh and I hate dialing 1-800 numbers and being made to push 1 for English. There I'm sure I will be racist now. Have a nice night.
Thank you basstrackerman, I am Totally on your side. Your NOT RACIST. Those are the facts!!! Diggingdown doesn't REALIZE he's the only Idiot posting in a Foreign language.
here on Findmalll. That's the New way of thinking for his kind. I don't see any posts in Russian,German,French, or whatever. But Mr. Newbie here has to be a Hero and is
SENSITIVE like a Woman. Then he gets VULGAR and throws it in my Face. I never
got Vulgar. That's just his Character as it shows in his post. Never said I was Perfect.
By the way Diggindown ,I'm not Prejudice, I own a Minelab CTX, ran an Explorer XS
for 10 years, Own a Deus, Simplex+, been all over in Competition hunts, Andy Sabich's
Boot camp, met some great well knownTreasure. Hunters. Guess what Diggingdown,
NOT ONCE WAS THERE A LANGUAGE BARRIER until your crying butt SHOWED UP!!!
I'm done Responding to this post and the Big NEWBIE HERO!!! I'll be Blocking you
Diggindeep!!! Best of luck Detecting and on the Forum here where Americans here
SPEAK ENGLISH!!! This is America, the New land of INVADERS. To all my buds out
there,HAVE A BANNER YEAR DETECTING!!!
silverseeker 2

I've seen enough of this nonsense.. I checked the credentials of every member in this thread and I didn't find any of you with Administrator rights, meaning none of you have the right to tell others what language they can speak here. This isn't just an American forum, but a Worldwide forum. @silverseeker 2 was way out of line and is receiving a 2 week suspension. I highly suggest for your own sake to start acting with some compassion and humanity.

By the way, Hablo muchas palabras hermosas en espanol.

Last edited:
I've seen enough of this nonsense.. I checked the credentials of every member in this thread and I didn't find any of you with Administrator rights, meaning none of you have the right to tell others what language they can speak here. This isn't just an American forum, but a Worldwide forum. @silverseeker 2 was way out of line and is receiving a 2 week suspension. I highly suggest for your own sake to start acting with some compassion and humanity.

By the way, Hablo muchas palabras hermosas en espanol.
Gatekeeper I do not speak nor read any other languages and I doubt I'm alone. I wasn't being disrespectful, but pointing out that it would be difficult to help someone if we can't read what they are asking. I myself have plenty of compassion as I'm sure most of us do.

Gatekeeper I do not speak nor read any other languages and I doubt I'm alone. I wasn't being disrespectful, but pointing out that it would be difficult to help someone if we can't read what they are asking. I myself have plenty of compassion as I'm sure most of us do.
I have no problem if you can't read nor speak the language. I do have a problem being disrespectful to another for the language they speak. Either say nothing or use a translating app, there's no excuse to be a jerk.