Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New smf detectors

MuddyMo

Screenshot_20230129-130732.png

I've been curious about these units for some time now. I don't know anyone personally tho who uses one. I would like to see one in action before a purchase is made. That's just me .
I have never used a Quest detector before but I will admit these to intrigue me, may have to purchase the V80 just to see what it is about 7-80 KHz is a ton of frequencies, the one thing I have questions about and could not seem to find in reading is it only has manual ground balance, dont know if I missed the auto ground balance or not and can not imagine them not giving you the option to perform an auto balance though

I have never used a Quest detector before but I will admit these to intrigue me, may have to purchase the V80 just to see what it is about 7-80 KHz is a ton of frequencies, the one thing I have questions about and could not seem to find in reading is it only has manual ground balance, dont know if I missed the auto ground balance or not and can not imagine them not giving you the option to perform an auto balance though
I hear what your saying, tho that would NOT be a deterrent for me. What's an extra 5-10 seconds at best to manually GB Plus I think you'll get a truer reading too... I'm more interested on how water-proof the detector truely is.. and that coil seems (to me) pretty damm big. Didn't look to see what the actual size is.

I hear what your saying, tho that would NOT be a deterrent for me. What's an extra 5-10 seconds at best to manually GB Plus I think you'll get a truer reading too... I'm more interested on how water-proof the detector truely is.. and that coil seems (to me) pretty damm big. Didn't look to see what the actual size is.
the big coil is 11x10 so about the same as what most of us are accustom to the V80 has two packages that can be purchased one with the 11x10 and the 5x9 i think it was, could not find anywhere as to when these are going to hit the market there is a U.S dealer site also

well if you do decide to pull the trigger on one, I will be on the lookout for your personal input with the detector.. Are you by chance near a salt-water beach? Would like to know how it handles salt-black sand and if its water proof as claimed... Good luck

Description in link above…and I quote…
“GORILA coil structure. The cooper wires are winded on the robust nylon frames to provide better performance during the coil is bumped on hard objects such as rock and thick bushes.”
If you don’t have the resources to have a proof reader for your English manual, I’m going to have to pass. At that price point it would have to be better on all levels than the Legend, so it doesn’t make much sense unless it can be bought for WAY less in reality. Dealers? Warranty? Parts? General support? I guess my QUESTion would be…what’s the advantage?

well if you do decide to pull the trigger on one, I will be on the lookout for your personal input with the detector.. Are you by chance near a salt-water beach? Would like to know how it handles salt-black sand and if its water proof as claimed... Good luck
well unless California drops off into the Pacific ocean no I am no where near a salt water beach LOL, the ground I detect is highly mineralized with heavy salt content, and heavy Iron particles, I am vary interested in the Quest V80 with the two coils, quest also has some sort of a phone app that allows you to perform the updates as they come out I am assuming via Bluetooth but we know what assumption does for someone LOL, and also allows you track things like where you have detected so that would be a form of GPS tracking also another assumption on my part

these two new Quest detectors seem vary interesting, I do know of one tester that is testing the V80 rite now which I just found out about, not going to mention any names but lets just say he has been testing detectors for a vary long time, for various manufactures, and no he is not a presence on YouTube LOL

Last edited:
“GORILA coil structure. The cooper wires are winded on the robust nylon frames to provide better performance during the coil is bumped on hard objects such as rock and thick bushes.”
If you don’t have the resources to have a proof reader for your English manual, I’m going to have to pass. At that price point it would have to be better on all levels than the Legend, so it doesn’t make much sense unless it can be bought for WAY less in reality. Dealers? Warranty? Parts? General support? I guess my QUESTion would be…what’s the advantage?
the pricing is MAP so it should be less than the MAP price I would think, somewhere around the same price as the Legend, and do not take me wrong I love the Legend but am open to trying other new detector when they come out, and this one sounds interesting to me, I cannot knock someone because they miss spelled Copper,they probably used a translator app that didn't give them the correct word, there is times I have misspelled words also just as anyone else has on the world wide web LOL

well unless California drops off into the Pacific ocean no I am no where near a salt water beach LOL, the ground I detect is highly mineralized with heavy salt content, and heavy Iron particles, I am vary interested in the Ques V80 with the two coils, quest also has some sort of a phone app that allows you to perform the updates as they come out I am assuming via Bluetooth but we know what assumption does for someone LOL, and also allows you track things like where you have detected so that would be a form of GPS tracking also another assumption on my part

these two new Quest detectors seem vary interesting, I do know of one tester that is testing the V80 rite now which I just found out about, not going to mention any names but lets just say he has been testing detectors for a vary long time, for various manufactures, and no he is not a presence on YouTube LOL
If he's posting vids. You can post a link here.

If he's posting vids. You can post a link here.
he does not do Vids and he does not post up on youtube, spoke to him earlier and that is when he told me he is testing the V80, he did relay to me it is a work in progress, when I asked him what he meant he said when he first started testing it that it was not worth a crap but it is coming along and becoming better and better the more they change things so we shall see

he divulged to me he is testing the V80 when I sent him a message and asked if he had ever heard of the Quest Line and then I ask him to take a look at the V80 specifically that is when he messaged me back and told me he was testing the V80 as we were communicating via email, had I not emailed him I would have never even knew he was one of the U.S testers

Well, here's a situation where I agree and disagree with you at the same time... many yrs ago I was strictly hunting with american made detectors when a few guys in our club bought these detectors from minelab... never heard of them, and thought how good can they be since the were made in Ireland . Well after getting spanked so many times out hunting with these guys and seeing what they were pulling out of the ground at incredible depths I was a believer. Bought my first explorer then the EXP II and my finds of silver increased 5 fold from other units. Moral of the story, I had doubts about this unknown company, tried them out and was blown away... Not saying the same would happen with the quest detectors but the possibility is certainly there.

Mark ( ohio )

And now, for the last 11 years or so, Minelabs are being made in Malaysia so it isn't always a matter of brand name or location where they are made.

I have heard positive things about several Quest models and what they offer for the $$$$. However, I am a devoted fan of smaller-size coils that I don't see, or a mid-size like a 5X9.

I also like simple but with good looks, physical design, and performance. I like the looks of the Quest line. And we can't fault the new V80 HyperQ bundle as it is being tested, just look how many updates and revisions and 'fixes' the Legend has had .... so far.

Monte

I li vke the Tone ID choices of 2, 3 and 5. I have no use for 4-Tone.