Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New smf detectors

Wait and see what users have to say soon. I have a Deteknix PI pin pointer that has been good to me for many years. I’m going to keep an eye on this one.

Bud,everybody raves about their newest machines and how great they are and then when another new machine comes out they sell it to buy the next newest offering and then rave about that........and the cycle continues.I've tested loads of detectors over the years and never found a single machine that makes a significant increase in finds rates,some are better than others granted but most of the newer machines just offer the same performance in a more glamorous way.

Bud,everybody raves about their newest machines and how great they are and then when another new machine comes out they sell it to buy the next newest offering and then rave about that........and the cycle continues.I've tested loads of detectors over the years and never found a single machine that makes a significant increase in finds rates,some are better than others granted but most of the newer machines just offer the same performance in a more glamorous way.
You hit the nail on the head , here in the UK there is a waiting list of over a thousand people for the Manticore , the buyers are looking for a slight edge in performance , the buyers will be for the most part Metal Detecting Club Members , fierce and intense need for more depth over the the other guy swinging ,the finds are worth it if you can hit gold though. there is a herd mentality with it , one gets a manticore and all the others have to follow.
Sales of Manticores already are over 1 million pounds easily and that is just here in uk. Once the next "upgrade" Minelab comes the manticores will be for sale on Flea Bay as usual.

You hit the nail on the head , here in the UK there is a waiting list of over a thousand people for the Manticore , the buyers are looking for a slight edge in performance , the buyers will be for the most part Metal Detecting Club Members , fierce and intense need for more depth over the the other guy swinging ,the finds are worth it if you can hit gold though. there is a herd mentality with it , one gets a manticore and all the others have to follow.
Sales of Manticores already are over 1 million pounds easily and that is just here in uk. Once the next "upgrade" Minelab comes the manticores will be for sale on Flea Bay as usual.
I cancelled my Manticore order, the wait is to long and I really do not feel it offers anything more then what I am already using other than the 2D screen, and I really do not care for what mine lab is doing rite now with the small dealers, and them going with big box stores for their sales, to me it is just not rite, I will personally never purchase a detector from a big box store like Bass Pro Shops or Cabelas, where if you need some help with the detector, heck they can not even tell you about fishing equipment and get it correct, so what would anyone expect on a metal detector from them, it will not happen

Last edited: