Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Solvereign

lammi

Found a 81 gram 18k necklace with a 2 1/2 inch cross , decided to buy a solvereign GT with extra windfall,

I have a Excalibur and Eric Fosters PI , Have not had a land machine for quite a while.

Wanted to be able to use a large coil for times when getting off work to make a quick run on the beach.Bougth used and it came with 3 coils including a WOT,

I had a cz6a for years and liked to run in all metal , But minelab don't set their machines up to easyly switch back and forth

What is th best set up for beach hunting with the GT,When running in disc. is Track, Fixed and pin point disabled,if so does it matter whitch one to set it in while in disc.

Would be great if i could get some tips from people who have learned the best way to hunt with this machine , I did go through search first but could not find what i needed,I like what i here about it and cannot wait to try it, I hunt Datona Beach , Found 15 Gold in July including another 18k 16 gram necklace also 2 1926 and a 1936 nickles, All in wet sand

Thanks a lot , Can email if you like treasuredigs@msn.com

Thanks Lammi

Track,fixed and pinpoint is only active when you run all metal. In disc i will run with iron mask on and put my pinpoint switch to pinpoint so if I want to pinpoint a target I just have to push the toggle switch up out of disc iron mask on to all metal and pinpoint. Now when done I just push the toggle switch down one click and back to disc.
I find I run disc to hunt with as i feel I can hear all my targets better than running all metal and have tone ID plus it will reject iron which is the only item I want to reject.

Rick

and although it's somewhat different, I hunted in disc. and switched to all-metal sparingly. Basically, you bought the GT to keep from digging all the iron targets you PI did, and most of those are rejected in disc/iron mask, so you'll probably prefer the disc. mode. You'll still dig a bottle cap until you memorize what they sound like again. As Rick said, keep the toggle on pinpoint and it makes it easy to switch back and forth. Congrats on your new machine. I'm not sure I would have changed after finding 15 gold in a month - awesome ....;)

Thanks that helped me to make up my mind on how best to hunt with this machine
Went out today but still using PI as water was calm enough to get into

Did find what i believe to be my first titanium ring ,Says {Tungsten FW} inside.

Was told by a guy last week he lost a titanium ring in this area , Wish he would have left me his number . I would have been glad to return it

Thanks for Replys Looking forward to trying new machine . Just hard to say no to water hunting when time are right

HH Lammi