Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new sovereign

bacardi

does any one know if theres going to be a newer model of sovereign comming out as i have head folk say the gt will be the last

Nobody knows. The price increase of the GT and the elimination of selling the meter for it has people scratching their heads. Does that mean they are trying to discourage purchase of the GT so they can end manufacturing of it, or was the price increase and elimination of the meter an indication that a new Sovereign is coming out that includes the meter (either built in or as an add on that comes in the box)?

Many detector manufactures have more simple "knob and switch" type detectors to compliment their computer line up of detectors. There are many people who don't care for computer controls and menus, but prefer knobs and switches. Look at some of the "newer" Whites models that still use knobs and such. Heck, look at Tesoro. One would think that since the Sovereign is the only Minelab general purpose detector being sold that isn't computerized, they might want to continue offering a "less complicated" detector. So maybe they will come out with a new Sovereign.

The number one issue I would like to see is being able to zero out the iron discrimination. I prefer to be able to hear iron as I hunt in order to get a feel for a site. I know you can do that by hunting in All Metal or PP but I like to do it in discrimination. Most of the machines I've owned over the years I've hunted in discrimination mode with but didn't use any discrimination on. Being able to expand or contract the width of the notch would also be a useful feature, such as using one knob to set the starting point and another knob to set the end point of it. I think there were a few machines in the past that had this feature. Another nice feature would be a sped up processor. You won't miss targets with the current Sovereign if you slow down your sweep speed properly, but with a faster processor it would allow you to swing faster when you are in the mood for that without risking missing things between targets.

What I'd really like to see if the Sovereign and Excal eliminated, and replaced by one machine that was waterproof yet light enough to use just as comfortably on land like the AT Pro is. It should also include a VDI screen for the land hunting aspect of it. If they could come out with such a machine I think it would be a real winner for them. Think of all the manufacturing costs they would save by not having to produce a Sovereign and Excal, but instead one machine that serves both purposes.

Minelab it appears does pay attention to the success of other companies. Look at the new pinpointer they are coming out with. I'm sure they looked at the success and sales of the Garrett ProPointer and figured they'd better get in on that market. Maybe they'll look at the AT Pro's success and figure they need to get in on that too. That machine filled a niche....A lightweight waterproof machine with full LCD screen and controls that makes it just as easy to use on land as in the water. Not only that, but look at the price of that thing. Roughly half the cost of an Excal. Sure, it doesn't get the depth of an Excal (especially in bad ground) but for that kind of price and features many people have bought one as a second machine to add to their line up. It would be great if Minelab could also make this new machine a bit cheaper than the Excal. With it's better performance they'd have a real winner.

bacardi said:
does any one know if theres going to be a newer model of sovereign comming out as i have head folk say the gt will be the last

I emailed minelab a week or so back and asked if the Sov line was being discontinued and they replied back, the next day, and said it wasnt. There is always gonna be speculation on whats coming out next and your guess is as good as anyones.
Think about the Tesoso faithful, how long has it been for them?