Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Tej

Lightstryder

I can't wait! This will be my first brand new Tesoro! Every one that I have owned in the past have been used. I finally get one with a warranty! I am eager to see what it will do.

You're gonna really like the Tejon. It's a little different from the other Tesoro detectors. The more you use it, the more you will appreciate what it can do.

tabman

The Tejon is a beast Lightstryder. You are gonna love it. Try ground balancing in disc mode with the trigger held in, easier to balance in fast retune.

The Tejon is an amazing detector but it has a very high gain! so it will hit on the tiniest of targets, now I'm not talking about aluminum I'm talking about lead pellets, or even a halve of a pellet, buckshot, copper spacers out of a pocket watch. It will hit on stuff that your pinpointer will not hit on if you touch the tip with it! Now, I'm not sure if it would hit on a flake of gold, but it might.
So, be warned! it some places it can lead you to searching for some really tiny things, on a good number of targets I've found with mine the Pro-pointer wasn't any help, I had to just wave the dirt in front of the coil to narrow it down, then on a few occasion I was left with a very few crumbs of dirt in my hand with nothing in sight? but the detector kept telling me something was there?? I'm thinking its got to be broken! so I started breaking up the small crumbs to find that one was just a piece of (spec) of lead.

So, far the worse thing about the Tejon is in some areas tiny stuff can be annoying, but the high gain also gives the Tejon a lot of advantages over other models.

Mark

Thanks Mark for that insight. I think I am going to enjoy this machine very much! Now to start building my coil collection!

Lightstryder said:
Thanks Mark for that insight. I think I am going to enjoy this machine very much! Now to start building my coil collection!
A little tip with the coils for the Tejon!
from the smallest to the largest they're is very little depth difference, yes there is more or less ground coverage, but don't think a larger coil will get you a lot more depth like most other brands and models of detector.
I think Tesoro did an outstanding job with that 8"x 9" for one really good all round coil.
A little coil may help out it a smaller trashier place, without losing depth.
The 10" x 12" will for sure cover a lot of ground and its surprising light weight.

So, getting extra coils for the Tejon may take a lot of thought, or you could end up just blow money away and keep falling back to the 8"x 9".
In the next few weeks I'm wanting to get out and try my 5.5"x 9.5" Widescan. My thought about this coil is its narrow field of detection will help in the trash, while the still pretty long footprint will still give me good coverage, I'll have to wait and see.

Mark

I used a similar coil on my Whites MXT Pro for a while and really enjoyed it, I will definitely be getting the 10" elliptical widescan. Probably the 12x10 Widescan for the coverage, I like DD coils. I will want a small coil as we'll but am not sure if I will go with the widescan or the concentric.