Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Tek/Fisher 4 inch concentric coil

A new coil was released (I think in Feb) that fits Tek Frat Bros series, Eurotek Pro and Fisher F5, F11, F22, F44. FTP is running an introductory price of $49.99 (MSRP $89.99). I just got mine but haven't had it out. This should be fun in the junk.

TabWhisperer said:
A new coil was released (I think in Feb) that fits Tek Frat Bros series, Eurotek Pro and Fisher F5, F11, F22, F44. FTP is running an introductory price of $49.99 (MSRP $89.99). I just got mine but haven't had it out. This should be fun in the junk.

I used a similar coil on my F2, once I mounted it I went on to find hundreds of dollars in clad and many hundreds of dollars in silver and gold jewelry in some very trashy sites...some that I hunted before with bigger coils previously.

The big problem I had with recommending the new lower end Fishers like the F22 and F44 was the fact that the only sniper coil available for them were over $100...about half of what the whole detector costs.
That is remedied now with this coil.

Here you go. I couldn't do it near my house due to EMI. I did this in a city park on a windy 75 degree day. Power lines were about 75 feet away but it was the only place I could put things on a ledge and weight them down with rocks. Measurements in inches.

This is on an Omega V6. I did not ground grab it in he air but just went with power on settings. I'm not sure how the Omega reacts in this respect on air tests.

Default D3 tones, Sens 56 Disc 56 = Copper penny 5.5, nickel 5, clad dime 5.5, clad quarter 6.
Default D3 tones, Sens 80 Disc 56 = Copper penny 6.5, nickel 7, clad dime 6.5, clad quarter 7.
Default D3 tones, Sens 99 Disc 56 = Copper penny 7, nickel 7, clad dime 7, clad quarter 7.5.
AT mode, Sens 80 = Copper penny 9, nickel 9, clad dime 8.5, clad quarter 8.5.

I'm not a big fan of air tests but there you have it. The AT mode was a little difficult since for me it can be hard where to call a hit. My hearing isn't what it used to be.

After that I wandered into an area with picnic tables and BBQ grills. An area I would normally not be attracted to but hey, why not feel a little pain since it is similar in some ways to what you might find in a old house/ghost town trashy setting. I ran it in DI4 mode, sens 80 and had 1-2 Fe bars. Putting it in AT mode sounded like a machine gun so that confirmed the density of the junk. If I dug a target and set my PP down it would go off half the time. In about an hour I dug 5 zincs, 3 clad dimes, and 2 copper pennies. I did not grid but somewhat wandered. If I looked at an area and thought "I bet that's full of trash" I went there. I also dug a couple of ring pulls and tabs. I had dug those more than anything just to confirm what they were. The first couple of tabs fooled me. The ring pulls rang up like a clean dime. Doing the edge pass rejection coil waddle works but that is a little strange considering the size of this coil and took a little getting used to using shorter swings while pulling back. Target IDs were in line with the bigger coils.

My personal opinion is this is a great little coil for those situations with shallow targets and lots of trash. Time will tell once I get it into true old house or town type environments. I failed to notice if a cover was available. It is only about 1/2 inch thick and 4.25 inches diameter. Sorry but I don't own the 5 inch DD for comparison.