Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Teknetics detector?

After seeing Mike using a prototype on Dig Wars, it got me excited to hear about a detector from Teknetics with multiple frequencies. I'm just wandering why not much has been said about the new machine or when it might be released for sale. Has anyone know anything about it? Thanks.

There were a couple of threads started on here after that aired. However, no word from any of the First Texas reps on here. I could see something coming from them in the next year. Why? I can't seem them showing a detector on a tv show about metal detecting if it wasn't about to be released. However, I'm a complete and total outsider and could be wrong.

I was pretty sure I heard Mike say it was a T2 prototype, to me that means it was from before the T2 was officially released. If that's correct, it would date from back to 2004 give or take. I got mine in 2006, just before the 6.1 update came out. They may have changed cosmetics around as well as software while they decided on what to use in the production version.

I could be wrong. I'm not hard of hearing, just hard of listening! ;)
-Ed

I watched the Eastover episode again just to make sure that I heard what I thought I heard. I played it over four times and he said that it had multiple frequencies. I froze the picture of the box and it does show that it is a Teknetics T2. He also said that it had a boost mode. Now I'm wandering if when he said it had multiple frequencies, did he mean that it has the different frequency shifts like the F75. Hopefully someone can answer this question.

The T2 does have a frequency shift to help with EMI issues. Only one is used at a time and they are presumably close to each other so there's no real difference in how it responds to various metals. That was a new feature at the time the T2 was released.

OTOH, since the feature is already there in the software, it might be a simple matter to change the frequencies used to a wider spread.
-Ed

I knew that the T2 and the F75 both have a frequency shift. I have been using the F75 for a long time. I was hoping for a detector that actually had different frequencies to hunt with. I can hunt a site with my F75 and then go back with my G2 and find stuff that the F75 didn't pick up. I wanted a machine that will take place of two or three detectors. I think I will go with a Whites V3i. Thanks for your help.

Can he? Yes

Will he? Probably not any time soon.

Why do I say this? There have been 3 other threads, that I know of, on this same subject that went without a response from a member of the FT team. In due time, however, they will. I could forsee it by the end of the year.

Why do I say end of the year? I can't see why they would intentionally allow video of a prototype being used if it weren't near production or shipping.

Could I be wrong? Yes. I'm wrong more than I'd care to admit.

chickamauga said:
I knew that the T2 and the F75 both have a frequency shift. I have been using the F75 for a long time. I was hoping for a detector that actually had different frequencies to hunt with. I can hunt a site with my F75 and then go back with my G2 and find stuff that the F75 didn't pick up. I wanted a machine that will take place of two or three detectors. I think I will go with a Whites V3i. Thanks for your help.
I do the same thing with my T2 she & G2. I hope it's not chrome. I relic hunt mostly & really don't want UN attracted notice. I know the G2 is silver. They have to make heck of a detector to one up these two. HH TIM

I went ahead and bought a Whites V3i. I had one before and like I said, I was looking for a machine with multiple frequencies. I love my F75 and my G2 but I would rather carry one detector instead of two to do the same job. Hopefully Teknetics comes out with a multiple frequency machine, but until then, I will be mostly using the V3i.

The Dig wars show wasn't filmed that long ago and yes it is a new prototype he was trying out, I'd recommend saving your spending money up!!! I ain't going to tell you my resources but they are very very reliable!!

Aww, please. :cry: Lol, couldn't resist. One thing for certain. It won't be a PI machine, though Garrett has a new one coming out(so it appears).

Get a CZ-3D if you want the best multi frequency machine ever made. I've hit dimes at 14" with an 8" coil.

My dream machine would be a 2 freq. machine that is waterproof and as simple of user interface as the G2.....what are any of you'alls ideas. thx