Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Tesoro Target ID detector....Demand or not?

CWRelichunter

I am wondering how many Tesoro users out there have been wondering about whether or not Tesoro should come out with a new Target ID model.

The Cortes has been the top-of-the-line Tesoro model for quite a few years now. It has a TID display. Is it time to upgrade? Do users of Tesoro want an upgrade? Makes me think a bit.

Let's suppose this:

Let's take one of the newer H.O.T circuitry models and add a Target ID display to it. Let's see now........ It can't be the Tejon. The control box is too big. Relic hunters would not care about TID anyway. (Or would they?)

Anyway, let's look at another H.O.T. model. The Vaquero? Ok, let's upgrade the Vaquero. Suppose we add a toggle switch for changing between DISC/ALL-METAL mode, and then add a modern LCD display to the control box. Ok, let's throw in a Multiple Audio Tone ID / SINGLE Tone toggle switch as well. Some die-hard Tesoro users prefer the single tone. Tesoro audio "rules" has often been said. Others, can't live without Multiple tone ID.

We would then have a H.O.T. circuitry model detector with new Visual & Audio ID features. A Deep detector with Target ID !!

The question is: Would this appeal to the current Tesoro users, and more importantly for Tesoro, would it DRAW-IN other detectorists who crave a visual TID model but currently stick with other manufacturers?

Makes me think what could happen.......

J in FL

I've Been waiting for years! I guess they don't care? Shame as they could be close to the top again. They must like where they are?

So, if you started adding these extra features to the Vaquero, how much do you suppose the extra cost will be?

I would like to see multi tone with a display (larger than present displays) that does not have preset ground balance in discrimination mode like the Cortes. Base it on the Vaquero and you would sell them as fast as you can make them. Maybe a little lower frequency for silver coins. I would buy one like right now!

Target ID and VDI numbers are just another excuse to not dig a target. Lack of the dancing numbers/icons on that video game screen screwed on to the detector shaft is what makes most Tesoro models unique. The responsibility of digging or rejecting a target rests solely in my mind of the user.
Once you put VDI numbers or possible target icons on a Tesoro you merely have a copy of another brand.

Oldcoon, maybe but do Tesoro's sales numbers match those of manufacturers that use displays? I remember when digital cameras left those slow to respond out of bussiness. 35mm film would never be obsolete. They were wrong. Just don't want to see Tesoro wait until it's too late. I love my beep and dig don't get me wrong, but I bet there are many more detectors sold with displays than beep and digs.

Lots of room to move up? Geez, if I wanted to pay that much, I would have bought one of the others to begin with.