Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to ATP fourm

twilli

Hey guys, I have been creeping this fourm while I was trying to learn to operate an Infinium (without success). I have now sold the Infinium and the my new ATP arrived Wednesday. Can't wait to get the AT out this weekend. Question. I was in the backyard yesterday and was hitting a target that was giving two signals. VID on the low end of 5 and on the high end of 85. Finally found a small screw. Why was I getting two signals? Did I not have it ground balanced right. After i dug the screw there was no more signal!

Welcome aboard !!

I would say that is a typical response for a screw. You are that much wiser the next time you get a similar signal. Having the will power to walk away without digging it up is another story .. :laugh:

It was in Standard Zero if I remember correctly. Since it was the first time out with it I was trying multiple settings.

This machine just takes a little practice to get the hang of it.....I went back to the first area in my yard that I hunted a couple a weeks after I first got mine and found stuff that I had missed. I always GB every time I take it out, even if it`s back to the same ground I hunted last. Don`t be afraid to dig those iffy signals, sometimes they pay off. Welcome to the forum man! :cheers:

Everyone has their own settings,,,

Me,, I only hunt in the Pro Custom mode,,nothing notched out,,,iron disc at 35,,and iron audio on,,,
the sens at max or as high as I can...
I love the iron audio..
And what ever GB the unit picks has been fine for me....
I listen to the sounds,,,and deep targets will be faint,,no numbers...
I hunt most of the time with the 5x8 coil and if real trashy,I use the 4.5" coil,
I bet in a years time,, I have only had the 8.5" x 11" coil on like 3 times....
I love to take that little super sniper coil into heavy trash.. most hunters around here stay out of them places.
I have never used the Std. mode and never will,,,,I love the Pro Custom mode......
Give that Pro mode a try,, may be if you had been in Pro mode and used iron disc of 35 and iron audio,,you would have
passed on that ferrous screw......
A rusty bottle cap will jump around,, but the iron audio will be the give away...
BJ

Thanks everyone for the advise. I'm sure I will have more questions. I hope I soon will have a few finds that I can share. I have permission to hunt on the property where I grew up. Hoping I can find something from my childhood. I used the Infinium and a low end Bounty Hunter and didn't find anything but trash.