Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to classroom forum

kochevar

New to this forum and/or forums in general, but have read this on some and have found some great advice that works!!!! I've been detecting for about 10 years. Have purchased three Garrett's. My last one was a GTI 2000 when it first came out. Got an Explore II late late summer and was able to fine a Merc. That is 1 more silver coin than I found in 6-7 years with the GTI 2000. This summer I didn't detect much until the 5-6 weeks and WOW! Using your advice and the Explore II I have found 10 more silvers coins, 20 plus wheats and other cool stuff. I even found my first walking liberty - what a rush! So I wanted to say thanks for the help and perhaps join some in the future. I have to quick questions, which I know if I re-read the manual I could figure it out but is October and here in northern Minnesota I don't have much hunting time left - I can read during the winter. Here goes.

1. Quickstart -VS-Advanced - When I make some adjustments in advanced and go back to quickstart do those adjustment hold true and work in quickstart too??

2. I haven't found any jewelry yet - any suggestions?

Sincerely,

The changes we make stay put when we go back to Quickstart.

Jewelry is going to hit all over the display due to the different alloys. Gold rings hit in the same area as different tabs and tails. This is where I think we really need to us the learn edit functions to give us the best odds of finding jewelry. One good ring with some nice stones will pay for the detector so we hate to think of walking over jewelry and not finding it.

1. little confused as going back to quickstart puts you in that mode...Read the manual as unit has the ability to save programs..

2. Gold jewelry comes in all over the meter but approx. 1/3 of it will hit in foil so dig a number or two below nickel and see where it appears on the site screen to increase your chances..Many..many junk targets mimic gold rings so be patient and if a targetg seems strong( dig it) as gold rings weigh much more than the junk that mimics it...

Cody, just to clarify, when you say the changes stay put when you switch back to quickstart, do you mean they have the same effect in quickstart as in advanced? Thanks

Yes, they are advanced, (additional setting) for Quickstart or if you go to the Advanced Screens. A major difference in Advanced and Quickstart is two more screens, Edit and Learn, are presented to the user when in Advanced. The general setting in Advanced are also for Quickstart but we have to go to Advanced to make change the setting.

I understand now. Thanks for all the help.

Starting with the Explorer XS its been out for years so indeed proficient users have heard the same questions over and over. I wish they remember they had to start and use their expertise to shorten the learning period of some of the newbies to the unit..Same thing happened on the CZ forum as the machine was literally undressed over the years and heck its user friendly...