Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new to e-trac

mblemmy

Hi, I am new to the e-trac "movement" although I am not new to detecting and i am only in my mid 40's i have owned a detector since the age of i guess 10 or 11 yrs old. i remember my first was a tandy. i than upgraded to a detector with disc. a radio shack microna. than my first name brand a whites coinmaster tr-1 i think was the name of it ........ it had one nine volt battery. in my mid teens i got a whites dbh-6. if you worked the coil fast it was rather deep.... i found a bit of silver with it..... I have owned a couple green machines ads-7, freedom three. i than got my first high dollar unit a whites eagle 2 sl-90 wow couldnt get any better than that....... lots of silver/gold and a few civil war relics..... i than got into water/beach hunting. first a fisher 1280X great unit but a bit unstable in salt. than approx. 8 yrs ago got a minelab excal. boy what a gold sniffer on the salt beaches........ as i am new to this forum i have learned and got caught up on the tech. aspects of tr hunting. and today i become a e-trac swinger. with most of the detectors i have owned i never really liked them much till i got used to them. this one seems a bit different than that.... the "pros" so far with my first hour with it... it seems as simple as i like but at the same time lots of neat features. its very fast signal response. even with its large 11 in coil it seem to have the ability to get in between the junk. i went to a local park for this quick test and familiarization run.... just using the factory coin setting. the balance is very nice very easy to swing... although its not heavy, i am spoiled with my hip mount streight shaft excalibur. so i will be getting a bit more of a workout.... i will be hitting a local beach in the morning. I picked up a couple clad coins in the short time i had out... tomorrow will be another learning day with it. well back to reading the manual....

good luck to all of us new and old e-trac swingers..

mikeB