Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to hobby Need some advice

Whatisthis

This hobby kind of found me and I'm really trying to answer my own questions with research but I'm surprised how little information is out there on identifying civil war relics. Here is what I've found over the last week or 2 is anything civil war era ? I have also found some buttons that I know are civil war buttons but don't want to assume because all found in the same spot all are the same era

Nothing identifiable as far as I cab tell. If this is a camp site and you found buttons, you would definitely find bullets, They pretty much go hand in hand. The pictured items may be perod, but they would have been in general use before and after the Civil War, so it's hard to tell. If it was a camp and you found bullets and buttons, then you could reasonable say they were of the same period. As archaeologist say, contest is very important.

keep on diggin'

Jimmyk in Missouri

Do a little research and find out if , when , and where any CW Troops passed through , fought , or camped in your area. Get permission and dig around there. Also ask the "old timers". Good luck. CCH