Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to hobby

kbutler

Good morning to all. Purchased a GTI 2500 for Christmas. I have been detecting in two areas that are virgin country. Fairgrounds and city park, no ordinances here. Since last week of December I have found over $40 in clad coins and a few wheat pennies and a few silver dimes. Two rings, one sterling silver with sapphires and one 10k gold with pearls. What a great hobby. Since the weather is usually good in Texas I try and hunt several hours a week, but over the past two weeks the weather has been cold. I look forward to next week with temperatures in the 70's. I have enjoyed reading the forum. Look forward posting more.

Welcome to the forum and the hobby of :detecting:
I use the GTI1500 and love it ....
sounds like your off to a good start in coins
and rings ... looking forward to more posts
and pictures

THINK SPRING

Ron

Rangers Lead The Way :usaflag::usaa:

That imaging feature combined with discrimination capabilities sure makes it easy to to just dig coins and jewellery. The proof is in the pudding. :thumbup:

Oh you said a Virgin place and then said where. You will see people swinging there soon. I personally never say where I hunt, because as soon as you do like clockwork the people who can't find there own places flock to it like stink on poo.

I detect in a swamp outside a town infested by Aligators, Dragons, Sharks, Zombies, Hellhounds, and Orcs., and the city ordinance requires you to have the Staff of the Wetard (-5 INT +5 STR) to detect at the place.

Not saying Snoop is one just saying just watch who you tell where you find things because yes this is a hobby, but its no fun doing the hobby if all your going to find is pulltabs because someone you told about a place came and detected the whole place out after you told them.

Man, you came out of the gate pretty hard! Took me 2 years to find my first ring or silver! Way to go!!
HH
Darren

I love virgin (detecting sites!)

To bad that some people ( Lurkers, none contributers ) are looking at these forums trying to learn about the good locations
at someones expence .

One archelogists said to another "Just imagine, no one else has been here in over 2000 years." Then 2nd one replied' then what is that pulltab doing on the floor?"