Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to me Fisher 1270

u2robert

I just bought a Fisher 1270 from the E and the seller was local so I had him do a pick-up in store for me. I went and picked it up at a local pawn shop. To my amazement the detector is in like new condition I would say it has not had 20 hours on it the cleanest used detector I have ever bought, the corners of the arm cuff padding are still square, very lite scuffs on the coil cover and no rust anywhere also came with the leather Fisher carry bag and headphone which are Calrad cheap but like new. So when I went to pick it up I bought 2 9V batteries just in case, coins and a couple rust nails to test it out. everything works perfect. paid about 20-30 dollars more than I wanted to but in this condition I'm OK with that. Anyway I had to tell someone how sweet this detector is. Any tips on the 1270 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I had one a few years ago... i never clicked with it in the dirt, it was just way too easily fooled by iron in the farm fields i hunt...however, i made an extended shaft to keep the control box safely above the water and used it as a freshwater machine and boy it was a very very good micro jewelry hunter... i would hunt in iron disc just high enough to ignore bobbypins and crank the disc up just till it starts to chatter a little. .. i wish fisher had made this a waterproof unit.. i loaded it into the car one day without the coil connected and some how it powered up during the drive to the lake and never worked again..but it did pay for itself. .. if i could pick up just the control box at a thrifty price i would consider giving it another go...[attachment 363087 20151209_0807011.jpg] fisher has a utube video that explains the machine pretty good..i would recommend you watch it several times. .its got dual disc if you care to use it... good luck...

bootyhoundpa said:
I had one a few years ago... i never clicked with it in the dirt, it was just way too easily fooled by iron in the farm fields i hunt...however, i made an extended shaft to keep the control box safely above the water and used it as a freshwater machine and boy it was a very very good micro jewelry hunter... i would hunt in iron disc just high enough to ignore bobbypins and crank the disc up just till it starts to chatter a little. .. i wish fisher had made this a waterproof unit.. i loaded it into the car one day without the coil connected and some how it powered up during the drive to the lake and never worked again..but it did pay for itself. .. if i could pick up just the control box at a thrifty price i would consider giving it another go... fisher has a utube video that explains the machine pretty good..i would recommend you watch it several times. .its got dual disc if you care to use it... good luck...

Thanks Bootyhound, I watched the youtube video 4 times read the manual 2 times and been testing it in my test garden trying to get use to it. For some reason I just love the Fisher M-scope Metal detector's my favorite is the CZ's and Coin$trike which I have used for many years but they are all so well built and do as they say they will do for the most part, just love them.

I never understood the ground balance..the video didnt go into any detail on it... 1270 is the only fisher ive ever used.. so many machines i would love to test drive prior to purchase... it certainly is one incredibly sensetive machine... the smallest piece of gold i ever found was a tiny stud earing such as a toddler would wear and the 1270 with 12in coil gave enough of a signal to chase it... most machines i dont believe would give any signal even in all metal let alone disc mode..

I run in sen. 7-8, disc. 1- 4.5, disc 2 9-10, all metal, iron, silencer Off. As far as ground balance it can only be done in all metal and you are suppose to advance the all metal knob as you bob the coil till it quits sounding off I think.

You made a great move on the 1270 I think they are better than any so called f unit as I had several of those and they remind me of a bounty hunter not a fisher.JMO

For sure Cajun I just love the Fisher M-scope units they are all built like a tank and the F series Fisher's feel like toys but a lot of people swear by them.

Cajundirtdobber said:
You made a great move on the 1270 I think they are better than any so called f unit as I had several of those and they remind me of a bounty hunter not a fisher.JMO