Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to me Land Ranger Pro

Bucksport

I just recieved a used unit today. Very impressed with how easy it is to set up in each mode. I like how the settings are retained after turning it off. Having used a few Firsat Texas machines in the past, I was very comfortable with it right away.
I plan on making 2 coil adaptors so I can switch between the 11" coil and the 8" round from my Eurotek Pro, and use the 11" coil on the ETP.
Lots of snow here in Maine, so I will not be field testing it for a while :cry:

Hi Bucksport, I purchased my L.R.P. in December and it is an excellent C/J unit. I especially like the notch width adjustment and the quiet operation even at high sensitivity settings. I think B.H. has a real winner with this detector and when word gets around they will be very popular. Best of luck and Happy Hunting.

......I bought a Quick Draw Pro and just change lower rods with the coils on them when I want a 10" concentric on the LRP.

Hightone said:
......I bought a Quick Draw Pro and just change lower rods with the coils on them when I want a 10" concentric on the LRP.

If I had the money I would do that. Thought about a standard Eurotek, since it has a push in 8" coil.
I don't think it will cost me more than 10 bucks to make a few adapters. I might even make a few extra to sell.
HH all

Finished making my prototype coil adaptors. Now I can use both 8" and 11" DD coil on either my Land Ranger Pro or Eurotek Pro. Now to test them.
4888B800-A003-4796-86EB-E5CA5977AABA_zpsgzp5zgb4.jpg

A6E17B0F-EC03-4E6F-AD8C-999B2BC83AC5_zpsuzkwzpvf.jpg

n/t

Well I thought that I did the wiring correctly, but no. I got very shallow air tests on both machines with both coils. Guess I will be de-soldering tomorrow lol.

Decided to open both units to see the wiring on the case side of the plug. Discovered that the Land Ranger is wired exactly like the legacy machines. Once that was established it didn't take long to make things work.

n/t

I am really liking this land ranger pro used it two days it is so light even with the 11 inch coil I have been playing with different setting and was happy with what i had going on but i am going to try and learn the vco option i also have the AT pro i am liking this just as well or maybe even better should have some time to learn this as i just had c4 Thur t1 fused that's right i was out while wearing my aspen hard collar 13 days post opp I did attach a detecting buddy harness to make it even less weight and most digs were in soft sand and i used light weight aluminum sand scoop I'm waiting on a blue tooth transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack to allow Blue tooth head phones to be used any ways I found a 1883 silver dollar and a 1946 half dollar my fist day out today two rings a few pull tabs few quarters Penny's were from the other day i did not dig them today at all the Pic is of about 10 hr time in two days and i move very slow right now no hurry have all summer off and i am so happy to be able to get outside again

I love my LRP but am having a time trying to get it to detect nickels. Signal moves around a lot on anything in the gold range. Do you find that? The silver area is tight and awesome, though.

i use disc2 then block out 1thru 25 and vbreak 32 thru 37 then use sound and yes i still have to dig them pull tabs

Hightone....Does the LRP have a problem with nickles, gold, etc.. when using other sized coils. I've had my LRP about 2 weeks & have noticed the same problem.

I tried the 10" from the Quick Draw Pro on the LRP before winter but can't remember. I'll have to try it again this season, still cool in the mountains right now. It could be, taterbill.

I'll bring it to FTPs attention in an email to Jorge as a question. I email here and not to FTP to have Jorge address it when he gets time, not bothering him at work. So it may be a few days or so before he answers, if he does.

Mode 2 is VCO from 20-99. Extending V-Break should make low tone from 01-37 if 37 is the setting VB point. If you use Mode 4, Disc to 25, set VBreak to 29, you have 4 tones (25-29 foil is low, 30-39 is medium, 40-60 is VCO and 60-99 is high). If pull tabs are showing up in 37-40 range, you can set the notch width to 4, run it up to 41, and everything in the 37-41 range is silent (notched). Air test on nickels show below 37, usually 32-35, which would be a medium tone.

That sounds right hightone what i do see is better id with lower sens `settings going to try it out once more with newer pull tab notched out

BUCKSPORT....Have a question..... I too made a coil adapter , to adapt screw-in connector on a teknetics 10" concentric/eclipse coil (for Greek , gamma, etc coils.....to connect to the LRP. Both are same freq. I put connectors back to back & then wired contacts directly in line. Didn't hook it up.
Then I read your post about LRP being wired like the Legend machines. I have a titan 3000xd, which is same as Discovery 3300, which is same as Legend 3500. So I changed wiring the layout of one end for the LRP, & the other end matches layout of the teknetics coil. Hooked it up & LRP acts sporatic & won't ground balance. So, obviously something's not right.
I'd like to know more detail on how u wired up your adapter, if that's ok with you. If not, I understand. If not, do u think u could make me an adapter that would work.
Maybe this teknetics coil can not be make to work on an LRP.
Thanks for your time.
Bill

Tater I will gladly give you a detailed report tomorrow on how I did it. I do not have my notes with me right now.
I will do all I can to help you.

Tater here is a sketch of how it needs to be wired. If you need help please advise.

47759E0C-6FF3-4351-9953-DC8F65BF2650_zpsr1xipigt.jpg

Thanks Bucksport ! Got it wired up & works good ! I did leave out the "bridge" , 'cause the LRP has those two contacts connected together inside the detector, according to my ohm meter....as does the titan 3000xd (discovery 3300). I used the LRP yesterday with the teknetics 10" concentric/eliptical coil (Greek, gamma, etc.). Works great, just a tad less depth.
Interesting thing I noticed today, after putting the 11" dd coil back on..... nickels will hit very steady up to about 5 to 6 inches, then numbers will jump around....no matter what sensitivity you use ! In other words, if you set sensitivity to 10, nickels may start hitting at around 7" or 8", but not solid until down to 5" - 6". If you set sensetivity to 6, nickels will not show until you get down to 5", & then they'll hit solid. Increased sensitivity does not give you an increase in depth of solid detection of nickels. This happens whether in the ground, or air testing. This may be normal, just never noticed it before.
One neat thing also happened today....got a solid 50cent indication...dug it....was 2 quarters right on top of each other ! This detector not only finds quarters, it adds them up for you ! LOL
taterbill