Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new to metale detecting.

coin2

HI
IM NEW TO METALE DETECTING. AND LOOKING TO DO SOME CION HUNTING ECT. WHAT KIND OF DETECTOR WOULD YOU RECAMEND?

PRISCILLA

If you are new to metal detecting look at the ACE 150 or Prizm 2.
Very good units for the money.
I use a Prizm2 for the kiddie sand box at the parks and have very good lock with it.The Ace 150 is also a good unit to try.
Prizm 2 and ACE 150 are very easy to use and will make a good backup detector you get a higher end unit.Go to firstontop.com click on the metal detector to see some of my finds and how to make a pin pointer.
I would say a pin pointer is a must to have.

HI
I WAS ON YOUR SITE YESTERDAY.AND YOU HAVE SOME REALLY GOOD IDEALS ON MAKEING THINGS. I LOVE YOUR TREASURE HUNTING BAG!'COOL'!

:starwars:I have seen a lot of new detecterist buy complicated detectors and never learned how to use them. If money is no problem; Buy a lesser machine first then after you learn and gain confidence upgrade. A very good detecter to learn on is a one knob dos all, you might try Whites, for about $150 your in the door. keep the coil as close to the ground as posable, I have been detecting for close to 30 years and have used a lot of detectors I now have 5, two coin, three gold. You wont be disapointed with the whites. Have a nice day.

HI
THANKS FOR WRITING. I HAVE A DETECTOR THAT MY FATHER LET ME HAVE. ITS MANAL. I HAVE BEEN USING THAT FOR 2MOUTHS NOW.IM JUST LOOKING FOR SOME THING BETTER TO FIND OLDER TREASURE'S.EVERY ONE ON THIS FORUM HAS BEEN TELLING ME THAT THE MXT IS THE BEST. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

When you go looking for gold you will see that 9 out of 10 people that is finding gold are useing Minelab, when looking for relicks you will see mostley Garrett, on coins 9 out 10 are useing tesoro. No one detecter will do it all. I have a 1oo Garrett and a 2500 Garrett I use for coins. On gold I use a 17000, a 18000, and a 2200. There are lots of good detectors for coins, my faveret is the $150 whites, tern the one and only knob all the way up and you will get a coin most of the time. I had one and traded it off that was a mistake.

THANKS FOR WRITING BACK.I HAVE A FLYER FROM GARETT. THEY ALL SOUND GOOD,FOR CION HUNTING. BUT IM JUST LOOKING TO PEARCHE'S ONE GOOD DETECTOR,THAT GOING HELP ME FIND GOOD TREASURE. IM GOING TO TRY OUT SOME DETECTORS AFTER THE HOLIDAY'S.

THANKS AGAIN.

I said it be for, and I will say it again, if you truly wont to be successful at metal detecting do your self a favor buy a low end one knob. if you don,t, what will happen when go out, instead of digging coins you will spend most of your time making adjustments on your detector, you will have your hands full just learning how to dig coins. The best one knob I know of is whites it gos deeper and discriminates better then Garrett Buy one learn to use it then sell it and then you can make an informed buy of a better detector