Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to site, like to introduce my self

deus swinger

Hi everyone, My name is Bob,
I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and have been wanting to introduce myself for some time now. I registered about 2 years ago and have been watching the Deus forum
for a while now. I started with V2 and recently up graded to V3. The new up grade is something that I will have to get use to. Although it seems to be just as good or
more so than V2. I have Andy's handbook and learned quite a bit from it. Excellent book, I highly recommend it. I bought the deus after going through a couple of other
detectors and a lot of research. I am not going to say which ones because it's not my goal to cut on any of them. Lets just say that after my arm fell off I decided to
get the state of art in tech. I also went over the area's that I had detected and found more stuff with the Deus than the other detectors. This is quite a machine and I love
it. So my forum handle is Deus Swinger and I hope to get to know you all. If any of you live near, give me shout so maybe we can get together and learn how to master
this machine,I'm still learning. Also thanks much to you guys on the forum. You have shown me quite a bit, keep up the good work!

Sincerely new Deus Swinger Bob.

Welcome to the forum Bob!

While Milwaukee, WI is just a short 11-hour jaunt from Memphis LOL, I'm an unlikely hunting partner but I usually post everything I find here. Did my homework before spending over $1.5K on a new detector and previously stuck with Fisher CZ-5 and CZ-6 machines since the mid 1990s. Could not find a machine that would outpace or outgun the CZ lines for my style of hunting until I first read about Deus... My first non-Radio Shack detector was a Fisher 1265-X back in 1989...I cleaned up with that thing!

The biggest difference I saw with v2.0 to v3.2 was with depth - lots of it. The last couple months of the year I "hunted out" my yard and sidewalk strip with the CZ-6 and then swung v2.0 over it and found a TON of things ranging from jewelry to clad to those stupid lighter striker flint wheel thingies :rolleyes: My yard was especially filled with iron nails and fasteners. After getting familiar with v2.0 I then tried v3.2 and found even more goodies - most of what I found with 3.2 were good targets in extreme close proximity to iron targets. I remember finding a Mercury dime in the same hole with a bolt and washer, roofing nails, a deck screw, and some aluminum foil. V3.2 separated much better than v2.0 and got a LOT more depth for me - simple air testing proved this over and over again, and in the real world I was pulling more goodies behind myself from especially the sidewalk strips.

In the beginning I also dug a lot of larger iron before I learned how it sounded vs a good target. Loved the better and cleaner iron rejection of v2.0 over v3.2, but like I said in an earlier post I'll take increased separation plus depth over iron rejection anytime!

Makes you wonder what v3.3 or (4.0) may be like...if we could get a little more depth and bottlecap rejection out of an upgrade I would be in hog heaven with this machine! I've pulled more silver with it in 4 months than the last 5 years of detecting - as far as relic hunting goes this machine is hard to beat! First relic target was an 11" 3-ringer (I had my doubts while digging it but the Propointer said "deeper!"). So after almost 20 years of staying with one line of detector, I finally found an upgrade that's actually an upgrade! Sure, the wireless features are slick, and the weight is extremely easy to manage for extended periods, but the overall practicality and functionality can't be beat! I think you've made the right choice and we all look forward to see what you can find!

Thanks so much for answering back, it means a lot. Ya, I was a White's guy for years. Had an old gold master and found things until it had a short in it. My uncle got me into it and said that you can't beat the White's line
of detectors. So I got back into detecting and the first thing I did is go out and buy the Spectra V3. Good machine, found stuff after I got use to it. As with anything there was a learning curve. But I went and traded back for
the Deus. At first I was afraid that I had made a mistake, and I did. I should of bought the Deus right off the bat. The Spectra preformed good but it was hurting my arm. After I got the Deus and went back to the area's I
went with the White's, I found more stuff. Plus the Deus was light and compact. I had also noticed that the trigger on the Spectra was acting up. No matter how I would flip the trigger it wouldn't register right. Now I like
White's, don't get me wrong. It just didn't live up to the Deus.

I had bought it from Windy City Detectors. Ron was really nice and helped me out. He had showed me the Deus first and I should have taken it then. They put on a shoot on metal detecting day in Indiana State Dunes
park. It was a blast, people from all over showed up. Well when the shoot started I was finding the seeded coins and raffle tickets faster then others were. I had a guy come buy me with a coil as big as a trash can and I had
to step out of his way. He never even bent over to pick anything up. After the shoot was over I went to talk to him and he said he didn't find a thing. There were so many people asking about he Deus I could have sold
a bunch of them easily.

Minelab was viewing their new 3030 at the shoot. Really good machine. I was standing up in the front of the crowd, right in front of the Minelab speaker and he was plugging the detector. All of sudden the people
started to tell him what they wanted in a detector. Then this old timer points at me and grabs my Deus and says this is what they want. Something light and quick! I didn't know where to look, I felt so bad for the guy.
But they were right!

As far as making the right choice, I know I have. I wouldn't think twice about buying another one. I just have to get to know it better. I think that the tech of up grading is so cool that you will never be out dated.

I just ran basic 1 or 2. I didn't even use the sand programs, wet or dry. I was finding not only the seeded stuff but other things that people left. A little bracelet and buried garbage like 10 long spikes.
I think the spikes were for a tent that was used there at one time. Otherwise I had a bag of trash and dumped it into the garbage containers. I was happy to get those spikes out because some one
could have steeped on them.

Welcome Bob! My second oldest lives in Eau Claire.

We look forward to your posts.