Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEW TO SOVEREIGN GT

iron bark

:ausflag: Got a new Sovereign GT on order can anyone give me suggestions on how to set it up for junk spots on mineralized ground regards john

John your GT will come with the Tornado 10 inch coil you can search a area with a lot of as you put it junk , but you might be better off with a much smaller coil like a 6 inch or a 8 inch coil JMO . start out in disc.mode with sens. in auto dig all good tones , in disc. mode iron will null but not foil . take your time and learn your sounds , also get a good 180 target meter it really helps . Good luck and let us know how you make out . Jim

thanks Jim once it arrives I will try it out by junk there is rusty iron nuts and bolts plus on the up side there is gold there to I am looking at getting a Jims 180 meter they have good reports on the forum all the best john

I'M BRAND NEW TO THIS METAL DETECTING, I BOUGHT A SOVEREIGN GT, FROM KELLCO, SEPT. 19TH , THEY HAD LOWERED THE PRICE ON THEM. I HAVE BEEN WANTING A METAL DETECTOR FOR YEARS ! JUST NEVER MADE UP MY MIND WHAT TYPE OF DETECTING I WOULD BE DOING ? AND READING ARTICAL, AFTER TEST REVIEW, AFTER OWNER REVIEWS, THEN TALKED TO A GUY WHO OWNED ONE, AND SHOWED ME WHAT HIS DETECTOR COULD DO. WOW ! THAT HELPED ME MAKE UP MY MIND.

WHERE I LIVE, OUT HERE IN THE DESERT OF EASTERN WASHINGTON, I FIND IT HARD TO FIND ANY METAL DETECTING CLUBS, SO FAR NOTHING ? UNLESS DRIVE SEVERAL HOURS AWAY.
I AM ENJOYING HUNTING FOR TREASURE, WHAT EVER I CAN FIND :O) AND I FOUND THAT I REALLY ENJOY THE SMALLER SEARCH COIL, I BOUGHT A SUN RAY INTRUDER S-5 , GREAT SMALLER SEARCH COIL :O)

I WANT TO BUY A LARGER SEARCH COIL NOW, AND LOOKING AT 15 INCH SIZE, BUT I'M STILL READING REVIEWS ABOUT THAT SIZE AND WHAT BRANDS, SEEM TO WORK BEST WITH THE SOVEREIGN GT :O) I'M GOING TO ENJOY THIS NEW HOBBY AND GREAT WAY TO GET IN SHAPE AND ENJOY THE OUTDOORS. ANY HELP, IS GREAT

:ausflag:Detecting is a great hobby I have been looking for gold for 32 years using M/L PI and old VLF detectors . Looking forward to my gt arriving from the U.S.it will be a new learning kerb from all reports they are a good detector regards john

:ausflag:Sovereign has arrived at last. Can some one tell me about the battery light ,when the battery is fully charged does the light just glow a bit or go out not to be seen thanks john

John most of the Sov batteries lights just dim after the full charge time. Some will go out, Ive seen that once or twice, but usually they go from bright green to a soft dim green. They will buzz all the way through so I dont think the buzz goes away, sound buzz that is.