Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to Tesoro with my new Sand Shark

hunt2day

Bought a Tesoro Sand Shark to hunt the beaches here in Florida. I have hunted since 1970 and have used a number of detectors. I was never happy with their performance on the beach in wet sand and thought I would try the SS. I went to the beach in the late afternoon just to give it a go. All I can say is wow. The SS is very stable and super easy to use. I did not find any gold but I did find a pair of sunglasses, hot wheel car, Bobby pins, bottle caps, 86 cents, fishing weights and enough stuff to know this thing works. I came at a bad time as it was high tide and I don't have a long handled scoop yet, but I love this detector. I am now a Tesoro fan !!!!!!!!!

I recently bought a Sand Shark myself and have been using it in some fresh water swimming areas nearby until I can get down to the saltwater beaches.
I also love mine and am glad I decided to get one.. with the high temperatures lately, it sure is nice to get in the water and detect.
Looking forward to seeing some great finds from you!!!

i also so bought a sandshark about 3 weeks ago and found 1 gold ring several peices of silver and also love mine thinking of getting a tigershark later for fresh water there to much trash in my local river for my sandshark and i know theres alot of gold and silver in it

I use a sand shark in my local lakes, I have a 10 1/2 in elliptical coil, makes it very easy to pin point, won't loose any depth eather

Glad ya like it ! Welcome !

you are going to love it! My Sand Shark has become my favourite machine, in fact I'm considering selling my Tiger Shark simply because I seldom use it. The Sand Shark is a real sweet smooth running machine in all conditions, easily set up and pure fun to use.

I purchased one last week at Kellyco here in central Florida. Looking forward to detecting the treasure coast intracoastal waterway!!!HH and GL to all

I bought one two weeks ago and it has become my favorite detector. On the beaches of east central Florida it has been very stable and pinpointing finds is very accurate. Although all I have found in the few hours I have used it is penny's, lots of clad coins and tons of bottle caps and pop tops., I know gold is in my future. I am getting a long handled scoop this week and plan to hit the water. Good luck with yours, you will love it !!!!!

I also bought a sand shark about a week ago. I live in Vero Beach in the treasure coast of Florida. I LOVE the Sand Shark. It does seem to find everything! I try to get out to the beach a couple times a week but lately with the rain its only been short amounts of time spent out. So far I've found a few bucks in clad coins, a couple earings (cheap stuff) and the usual garbage (hair pins, pop tops, bottle tops...). I have found an earing backing in dry sand (I've seen people ask if the SS can pick up earing backings...). Nothing of real value yet but in time it'll come. I just have a great time getting out there in the sun and looking! HH!

FLSandShark said:
... but lately with the rain its only been short amounts of time spent out.

Glad you are liking the Sand Shark. It is a very capable detector.

Many times I go out in the rain. At home I take one of the water proof detectors to go hunt school yards when it is raining. Good to get out and the rain keeps others inside so there is no one else around to worry about.

That said, Florida is the lightning hot spot of the USA. Not good to be out in lightning. With the Sand Shark, approaching lighting is picked up, processed, and can be heard in the headphones as scratchy but uniquely identifiable sound. Not all of my detectors do that. It is a nice warning to have.
Cheers,
tvr

Thanks for the tips tvr. Got out today for about 3 hours. Found 0.85 cents and another cheap ear ring, rest was trash. Beautiful day though!

You did better than I did today. I hunted Betterton Beach in Maryland today. 17 cents, a very small silver charm, what is left of a 10 gauge shot gun shell, a brass house key, one SEPTA fare token (South Eastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority) and the normal junk.

I normally find the shot gun shell remains when hunting dirt, but this one was in the water. I cut the attached paper away and throw the brass end into a bucket for recycling. I save brass, lead, copper and aluminum. I also save aluminum cans. When the buckets get full, they get sold to the metal recycler. Adds a few dollars to the cause.

That little lead or silver looking thing at the bottom of your picture looks like a little donkey head. A few years back I found a little dolphin about the same size. Fell through the scoop a few times before I finally got it.
Cheers,
tvr

I should be getting mine in a few weeks! I'm heading to the shore for vacation next month and I can't wait to hit the beach! :detecting: