Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new to tesoro

i am now a part of the tesoro owners, i just purchased a new tiger shark from Backwoods detectors will be delivered friday and will be hitting the lakes and keep cool this summer

Welcome abroad. :cheers:

I never gave much thought to water hunting to stay cool in the Summer heat until now.

tabman

Welcome to the forum,

You just purchased the best and most dependable "fresh water" detector available. I ground balance in all-metal 'fast' then click into motion discriminate mode, the slow motion disc. mode is so good that I use it as my main search mode and to pinpoint with. After the target is pinpointed, keep search coil motionless over the strongest target signal, place your foot with your big toe just touching the search coil, remove search coil and place your sand scoop in front of your big toe and dig. This is something I learned when hunting in deeper water when you can not see the search coil. The Tiger Shark language is easy to learn, keep disc. low and listen for the high pitched "duck quack" and dig everything. HH

TesoroMike, You just purchased one great detector. I have a Tiger Shark and think for the money it is hard to beat. When you hit your first ring you hear that nice clear quack that it makes. Depth is great and in all metal fast mode it is a depth monster!!! Even though it has disc settings it is almost impossible to disc out bottle caps. I keep the disc near zero and scoop it all. Even though it is a single tone detector trash is often obvious because the tone is broken at the start and/or end of the signal. This detector loves round conductive items. Let us know how you like it, I am sure you will be impressed.

Almost forgot, now you own a detector with a lifetime warranty made by a US company that takes care of it's customers better than anyone else in the biz. Welcom aboard!

Thanks Rainyday 101
that is the main reason i chose the tiger shark, lifetime warranty is unbelievable,, also thanks for the pointers i am sure i will love this detector

Welcome to the world of Tesoro. They make great detectors and I will promise you will want more after using your new Tiger Shark.
Besides getting a great detector, you bought it from one of the nicest guys in the business. Richard at Backwoods Detectors is a highly
respected dealer and member of this forum.........HH

Roger

yes Richard @ backwoods detectors is an awesome dealer he has always givin me the best possible deal he can, i have purchased a few detectors from Richard and he is my dealer

Welcome sounds like a great detector. Someday I will get me one as well. I would love to water hunt.

I've had a Tiger for about 10 years and think it is the best all purpose detector available(waterproof). I tried it in NJ in the ocean where it might work OK in salt mode on waveless days. I found when a wave washes black sand over the coil it chatters constantly so is unusable in waves. It works fine out of the water on the wet sand. I just bought a Sand Shark to solve the in water problem. An advantage of the Tiger Shark-Sand Shark combination is they look alike so if I keep them apart my wife does not know I spent money on another detector. This is my last detector. I swear. I also have a Compadre which is the best detector available for the money and weight (your arm will thank you).