Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to the Deus

HuntinDog

Hi all,
I just purchased a Xp and I'm excited to get started.
It won't be here for a few days... Can't wait.
I'm for the most part a Whites man, but this machine looks too good not to take a look.
My first detector had quite a few dials and buttons and I got frustrated. Later I found out that the detector was faulty.
Most All of my detectors have been turn on and go types, with just a little adjustments.
My main one is the MXT Pro.
I've been looking at the V3I and VX3, but thought what the heck if I'm going for the top... shoot for the best.
From what if been seeing I think the Xp will more than keep me happy for a long time... If I can master it.
So, I'll be looking for a lot of help for you that are experts.
Please bare with my as I learn... Slow learner....
Can't wait....Thank you for your help and patience.

HuntinDog

Ps.
I'm in No. Cal. foothills and hunt those iron infested gold rush sites.
I'll also be trying it out in the Parks and TotLots.

Hi HD, welcome to the world of the Deus. If you have hung around this area in the forum at all, you already know how much I like this machine. I am sure you will get along with it just fine. Sounds like you picked the perfect machine for your trashy sites and iron infested sites. There are always plenty of us here to help so feel free to ask any questions anytime.

Just to warn you, when you first start hunting, don't let the crown-caps (beer bottle type) annoy you. I will almost guarantee you will dig TONS of these at the beginning but you will learn their characteristics and start digging less and less of them. I hope XP works on a "fix" in the software for those buggers but for now, you just have to learn how to identify them.

The Deus is turn on and go, as you are used to and hoping for. You need to do very little tweaking to get out and have fun with this machine. I haven't hunted in your area so I can't recommend settings for your area but I am sure someone on here has something to share if you have nay problems.

If there is one thing I can't stress enough when you pick up this machine it is that you shouldn't rely too much on the VDI's. They are usually quite accurate but where this machine shines is the audio. Listen to the shape and texture of tones and you will quickly learn what the good stuff sounds like and what the scratchy trash sounds like. You will know what I mean soon enough.

Let me know if you need any help and I hope you have fun with your new toy. HH -Marc