Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to the Excal 1000

arclyt

Just bought this unit from Gotsilver and will be using it down in the Fort walton Beach, Panama, and Siest Key Fl in a week from now. would like to know a good place to start with the settings as i have read that some just adjust the threshold and volume once they have got them where they are happy with. I ordered the straight shaft and knob cover from Pl$%^#R. So i know i need to get acquainted with this unit but would like an edge to get started.HH

i prefer....... to hunt in disc mode, disc knob at 1, volume 75%, threshold barely audible, sensetivity straight up 12 oclock.... these settings give me best results..... if you get alot of falsing or unit is unstable just back the sensetivity down to 1 or 2 oclock........dig all repeatable signals... good luck...

I hunt Siesta a good bit and can manage a 7 and maybe a tweak on sensitivity there. Its a tuff beach to hunt with a lot of hunters. You look at the beach when you get ready to leave and its packed with people and say how the heck did i leave with so few targets. Right now we have a lot of sand on many of the beaches. Siesta has unusual white packed sand. The picture is my most recent visit.... there were 5 people using PIs in the water with me and 2 others on the beach. So if you find a trash line stay with it.

Dew