Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to the forum, Just got my SE PRO!!!

Well have Andy's book..that was a must for sure..reading, reading and reading. Been following Bryce as well in his posts and threads..no worries Bryce not a stalker just willing to learn this new unit. Im one to not give up so will take it slow and probably not as slow as the swing speed of this beast. Any great tips will be wonderful. Going to just feel out the machine for a few months. Probably not touch much of anything other then the gain..and some other things I have picked up from Bryce. Im a coin shooter so probalby just notch coins in the pre-program and let her fly.

Thanks for having me here..looking forward to meeting some great friends!!

Look at all us newbies!! lol Best of luck Mike! :thumbup:

Congrats on your new "Silver Sucker" ... :super:

Yes, the coins program is a good starting point. I think that I eventually switched to Iron Mask after about a week of hard detecting. Looking forward to seeing your finds !!!

When you swithed to Iron Mask did you stay at 22. or did you venture more into AM mode then.?

Oh and Thanks Hooked and Dave, looking forward to grow together on this machine..newbies are great to start off with we can ask eachother some questions and learn some new ideas.

Thanks again,
AFMIKE

AIRFORCEMIKE said:
When you swithed to Iron Mask did you stay at 22. or did you venture more into AM mode then.?

Oh and Thanks Hooked and Dave, looking forward to grow together on this machine..newbies are great to start off with we can ask eachother some questions and learn some new ideas.

Thanks again,
AFMIKE

I don't venture into AM when hunting in Conductive tones. But I am considering trying to hunt in Ferrous/AM at a few spots where I have already "cleaned up" so to speak. Just to see if it will pick up something I may have missed. I also know that switching over to Ferrous tones this early in the learning process can lead to confusion. So I will only try it on a very limited basis.

Dave thanks for the info..what im learning is exactally what your telling me..i think for the time being will stay in conductive..kinda what Bryce is saying. Im pretty much only looking for coins..and i might venture into some jewelry hutning as well at the beach. Relics not my thing but hunting in ferrous at some point will make it interesting just to mess around with in areas i cleaned up in. Going out tomorrow for my first time to a park i cleaned up with a bit already with the omega. I hit it with an old sabre II..love that machine then bought a Omega for the wife found deeper coins already ...now going to go over it with the SE PRO see what happens. I have yet found silver ever.. only been doing this since Dec..but I also did a year of researching prior to buying so i knew what i was getting myself into. Love this hobby...and I really appriciate your help Dave. Nice to learn with a friend.

Any help or advice would be awesome!!

AF MIKE

Yep i understand totally...first time out today for me only about 45 minutes into it. Pocket spill of quarters and a dime and some pennys. ..all clad but close silver dates. Nothing real deep but sure had some targets that it hit under some trash. The quarters were under a soda can..it was chirpping 00-28 for me just for a blimp of a second..enough to make me think something was there. Would have never dug that target before. Actually been over that same area with my sabre II many times so nice hit for me. Totally sold on this SE ...i just need my first silver!!!!

maybe tomorrow going to spend a whole day hunting.

HH,
MIKE

Welcome Mike, I'm a newbie as well got my SE 5 months ago i have done very well with mine so far ! up to 12 silver coins and two silver rings this year already its been pretty mild here in Ohio so Ive taken advantage of it , ive been running bryce's deep silver settings for about 3 months now , tweeked a few things that seem to work good for me here in ohio, gain at 9 and sensitivity auto 22 the rest ive left alone , but i too started on the factory settings for the first month or two it helped me learn the machine, at first the nulling frustrated me, but once i slowed down and worked the nulling areas i started to pick up on the masked signals that were there then i heard the silver warble, once you hear it you know IT!!!!!!!!!!
So mike good luck with your new silver slayer!!
And thanks for your service mike, so all of us can enjoy this awesome hobby!!
David

Dave, dumb question maybe but are you getting alot of nulling cause your x'ing out alot of targets? (discriminating) I do get some nulling cause of discriminated targets so should I be going over that area over and over from different angles?...masking im getting thats where i found some coins under other items..nothing silver tho.

If you are getting a lot of nulling it could be because of to many targets/ iron in the ground. Even when it's nulling it will still pickup targets.
Those type of areas could produce more by using a small coil once the finds play out with the large coil. A 5 inch, 4x7 or 6 inch might be worth investing in.

John

Welcome aboard Mike.

[attachment 223649 welcometyedieflash.gif]

Will look forward to your future posts.

As for what is "notched" in in the preset settings?....honestly not sure.

Whatever is notched or not notched is left exactly how it is from the factory.

I have never even looked to see what isn't. i have just left them set at stock factory presets.

Oh got ya so not just nulling cause if me X'ing out or discriminating..could be just to many targets or as you said some iron or masking going on..right? I am looking for a sunray 8" that will help me out some....i know dumb questions. That andy book is awesome tho..glad I have that.

Ty Rivers!!

Bryce I guess when i say "notched" I mean just putting a checkmark on coins. accepting them. Do you just leave them all blank?

The 8 inch coil will be good to have, in some areas where the trash/iron are really dense you might want to put one of the smaller coils in your arsenal as well........

Have fun................................................................John

I think coins is the only once checked when you have factory presets..might have to reset mine once again then just go to Andy's book , look up Bryce's settings for coins..set it all up then play for a few months. Already learning the language of the machine just after today..really glad I went with this minelab.

mike you'll love this machine its really not as hard as it seems, it took me about two times out to get the hang of it , i still ran the factory settings for a while, what i did after reading it here on the forum was to make a test garden ! it really helped me , get your self some silver in some of those holes at different depths so you can hear that silver warble tone. maybe throw a nail in there to, and see if you can pick it out thru the nulling!!!!
good luck my friend,

David

Thanks Bart!!! I still need to get with you on a F2..will call ya. Dave today will be me doing them tests like you said. I need to hear this warble thing..lol. If I do good today will post some pics, but Dave your right I know this machine is not as hard to learn as other percive. I have read Andy's book already and go over it daily. I did a year of research on theese machines and asked 1000's of questions. Then one day I can teach and leave you all alone.
thanks for all you inspiration and help guys/ladies.
AFmike