Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to the Forum

whitepraun

Have been viewing this forum for about 6 months. Information on the deus is very informative here.I took the plunge about 5 months ago and bought me a Deus. Have to say this machine is pretty incredible. Havn't been out but about 10 times with it so I have a lot to learn. Hoping you Gents could give me some info.Had a couple of questions.
I started out using the Pumping ground balance method and have recently began to use the Tracking. I relic hunt mostly around old homesites with a lot of iron. In your humble opinions, which is the best method ?
Also, if I were to use the manual balancing instead of tracking or pumping, does it run better to run the GB at around what you would get by pumping or to go lower than that number. Was curious if I went lower would I get more depth on the deus or if there is any benefit to running it lower

Thanks for looking
Happy Holidays

First off WELCOME ....
I run my Deus in manual and run it about 5 to 10 points below what it is tracking.
I find that I get better depth out of it that way, but it can start to false if you drop it down too low.
Good luck out here and have fun...

HuntinDog said:
First off WELCOME ....
I run my Deus in manual and run it about 5 to 10 points below what it is tracking.
I find that I get better depth out of it that way, but it can start to false if you drop it down too low.
Good luck out here and have fun...

I agree with Huntindog. Also with lower balance you can find more and smaller finds in trashy areas. Just remember swing SLOW and low and pay attention to the tones, if it

Glad you joined!

As far as ground balance every situation is different. Some places tracking works well. Other you need to manually GB. You just have to access the area each time.

Welcome. Yes dropping the GB #'s 5-10 points lower is better for a little extra depth and sensitivity to smaller targets. I have areas where the hot rocks make too much noise when dropping the numbers, so I run tracking in those spots to run quieter.