Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to the Minelab Equinox 800

Thanks Jay! I've been torn...I love my Nox, but I see a "famous" water hunter in my area kill it with his Excal...he gets very deep with it...but he also uses a Fischer AQ PI to go even deeper! I did have the now infamous "water ingress" issue with my Nox last summer and had to return it for repair, but I do love it! I guess I'll just stick with my Nox and if it leaks again...I'll get it replaced again.
Mine hasn't leaked yet. But I bought a second 800 in case it does. And I have recently gotten a Simplex for some of my freshwater hunting.
The problem with the equinox is that after the warranty we'll be out of luck water hunting.
I'm really hoping the new nokta makro simultaneous multi frequency will make the equinox obsolete.

Jay,

As someone that's had an Excalibur II but now has a Nox 800, in your opinion, how is the Nox IN the water compared to the Excal? I have a Nox 800 but do a lot of water hunting (saltwater). I'd love to have an Excal for dedicated water hunting, but do you feel the Nox is just as good at finding jewelry in the water? I go up to about chest-deep water usually. Thanks!
My Excal II is a back up machine for my CTX 3030 that is a back up machine for my Nox 800. In terms of water, nothing beats the Excal II for being waterproof. The CTX and Nox are rated to 10 ft but they're real ratings are more like 10 inches. I've drowned my CTX twice and my Nox once; luckily while still under warranty. If you go neck deep in water ya need the Excal. If the pod on the Nox stays more or less above water you'll be fine. For target depth, the Excal is better esp in all metal/no discrimination. The nox has the edge on small gold chains from my personal experience.