Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to the MXTpro but not detecting,,.....Coils ?

knack4iron

Just picked up the MXTpro at a price I couldn't pass up. But had to turn the G2 loose to do it.Really hated to let the G2 go as its super hot in trash with the 7x11 DD coil, just wicked bad. I've been detecting for 27 years and mostly relics. Had alot of types of machines including 2-5900's and a XLT. So far I'm impressed with the air test of it with the 300mm coil. But decided to pop for the 6x10 DD Eclipse. 12" coils are hard to swing in cane thickets and do get heavy. I've hunted with 14" and 16" heads and they are beasts

What kind of depth loss am I looking at by dropping down to the 6x10? Its on the way usps and should be here Tues.

I plan on doing alot of campsite hunting and the G2 shined there. Can the MXTpro match or beat it?

Would I do well to sell the 12" and invest in the 10" D2?

Any tips appreciated. JR

[size=large]from what i've read in the last two yrs. the mxt is the most preffered for relic. can't say i,m correct just from what i've read. i quess one would ask what do you concider good depth?. i've found my only franklin half at 8 ' in highly minerlized soil with the D2 and it gave a very solid signal at that depth.
there is a relic hunter forum you can go to on this site. probly the best help. there is a buzz about the SEF coils for relic hunting.

HH [/size]

I use the 6 X10 in the woods and have a SEF 12 X 15 for use in open fields. I just bought the SEF 10X12 , but haven't tried it out yet. Had the 10" D2, but wasn't a big fan of it. JMO. My friends hunt with them and like them. I HEARD the 12" is not that great. Never had one to give my opinion on it. Good luck with what ever you decide. MXT's are so great...... I just had to do it. LOL

I personally don't like the 6x10. (Sold my 6x10) I found that the 10"DD and the 5.3 to have better depth than the 6x10. I use the 10"DD for relic hunting.

JOE in MD said:
I use the 6 X10 in the woods and have a SEF 12 X 15 for use in open fields. I just bought the SEF 10X12 , but haven't tried it out yet. Had the 10" D2, but wasn't a big fan of it. JMO. My friends hunt with them and like them. I HEARD the 12" is not that great. Never had one to give my opinion on it. Good luck with what ever you decide. MXT's are so great...... I just had to do it. LOL
Thats what i call dedecation :yo: great job on the tattoo

Thanks guys. I like the 12" stock but its a beast and really weighs on the arm. Just got the 6x10 in today and did a air test and was still impressed with the MXTpro's performance and it sure feels better on the end. I think it'll be good for the campsites in MS.

I'd like to try that 10D2 but they sure are proud of it for just a 10". I might be able to pick up one used one. I'll check into some of the other aftermarket coils too when I get back to shell hunting only.

knack4iron said:
Just picked up the MXTpro at a price I couldn't pass up. But had to turn the G2 loose to do it.Really hated to let the G2 go as its super hot in trash with the 7x11 DD coil, just wicked bad.
JR, any 'tips' you receive, from me or others, are nothing more than personal opinions that might or might not seem to be the right 'fit' for you and your style of hunting. As an example, I have only been detecting for two decades longer than you and that means I have a different set of experience using models that were popular before you got started. Back 27 years ago, in mid-April, White's brought out their 6000 Di Pro that featured the Auto-Trac