Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new to this forum!

Electric Elvis

Hey all! New to this site and happy to see fellow Scorpionites ! Just finished a moonlite hunt up the street at my fave park....brought the scorpion instead of the AT pro and i got to thinking...why have'nt i gone on more nugget shoots ? ive only been detecting for over a year and found mason jars full of loot!!! silver coins ,old copper, cool relics{pot pipes!! dont know why i keep finding these things } modern coins, tons of rings etc ...etc i bought this thing to look for gold darnit !!!!!!! i live about 2 hrs away from world known gold rush areas !!...Fraser river..Coquihalla....Similkameen....ive only been on 3 nugget hunts...the last one was in a very promising creek but i was deep in the forest and it was Grizzly season an i was by myself and kept thinking about the native woman who was ripped to shreads in Lillooet that spring by a hungry bear....then i got the heck out of there quick! Was it wrong to be paranoid ? i think i ll try again this weekend:unsure:

Scared of a bear?
Take your chances...lol
Here's the scene, your detecting in the creek bank, you spot a huge 6 oz gold nugget attached to a piece of quartz bearing rock sticking out of the bank, it's going to take several minutes to pry it out.
The bear is very slowly approaching your area, doesn't look menacing but is approaching.
How bad do you want the nugget, will greed step in and you pommel the bear if he approaches, your mind is racing at this point.
As the bear gets closer, you notice it's only a baby cub, maybe an orphan. What are you thinking now?
Out of the corner of your eye you spot movement as your prying the nugget. You almost got the nugget out. Out of the bush stands upright
this huge bear with a salmon in it's mouth.
Are ya gunna run? Hey look a canoe is floating down the creek and it's going to go right by you, sorry no paddle.
You feel a bulge in your jacket pocket, you remember you brought a large can of mace.........

Wanna continue this story?
:rofl:

Good luck with your Scorpion

a 230 lb man is no match for a 700 lb sow ....i think ill stick to my original plan and hi tail it out of there!!...esp if its a cub anb mama bear will be close by...let off some bear bangers and leave!! the nugget will be there tommorow !:yikes: