Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New V3i on the way!!

Giant056 said:
Hi pro was the first program that I used, I liked best data better, that's what Magic's program is. Hi pro is correlate which is different, you'll get higher VDI's in correlate than you will in best data, I've accidentally switched to correlate when I was running Magic's program and looked at the numbers and thought this can't be right :)

I have to chime in here myself. I too tried correlate and was wondering why I was digging so many tabs that were ringing in as Zinc Pennies.

I also noticed that instead of setting all rejected items to Tone 0 several are actually rejecting the ground range. I am curious if there is any advange either way?

I'm not sure how much difference you will notice. If you accept the ground range, but have the audio set to zero, you will still see VDI's on the screen. If you also reject the ground range, you won't hear anything different - audio will still immediately go quiet on the rejected range, but the VDI's won't display.

Mike...If I may throw in my two cents. The V3i is without a doubt the most versatile machine out there today. It can be set-up so many different ways to suit whatever detecting challenge you may face. With that being said, I would recommend that you spend at least 50 hours or so in the standard program mode and slowly learn the different capabilities of this fantastic machine. I know you have had an MXT and probably many years of detecting experience behind you...that is great; as I have 31 years of detecting behind me and it took me about 50 hours on my machine before I began to understand the characteristics and trade offs of changing one setting for the other. I'm sure that things will come to you faster after owning a MXT, but the V3i goes well beyond that machine. Really, what I'm trying to say is that in order to reduce the frustration you may feel with learning this new machine, please take it slow. When I was new to the V3i, I was frustrated with not being able to get deep enough or to find the older silver coins that I so enjoy finding. I began thinking that maybe my machine was bad, the coil was bad, or I was in a "hunted out" area. I continued learning and relearning the machine by reading the entire manual three times, watching the training video twice (I still watch it on YouTube from time to time) and I spend many hours reading how others have solved their problems within many of the on line Forums. I would say that it was only after many hours of study and over 50 hours of use in the field trying different settings, did I begin to learn what the detector was or was not doing for me. I now have gone back to many of my old sights (many that I hunted with my new White's Eagle II SL back in 1989-1990) and am once again pulling deeper, silver coins from the ground.

I hope this helps...Best of luck....Keep Digging!!
SilverSeeker60

Howdy Mike5853--

You will have a lot of fun (and success) with your new V3i! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Hey SS '60 - Thanks for the feedback. No question you have to spend many hours with some detectors to gain a full appreciation of their ability. Years ago I had an F75 and sold it after a month or two, I just didn't spend enough time learning the thing. Now I spend a good deal of time when I get a new detector putting it through all scenarios. I like the fact that I can tweak a few of the settings and see how they effect the V3i. I had the V3i out now 4 times and love the way I can see whats below as the display show lower iron targets and high conductivity targets independently - so cool! Already digging coins, although nothing special yet, down to 7". Very cool detector! Happy New Tear!

Blind Squirrel said:
Howdy Mike5853--

You will have a lot of fun (and success) with your new V3i! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks - I'm really liking this detector. Happy New Year!