Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New V3i user, thoughts so far

I've been wanting a v3i for many years now, and was able to finally buy one in early January. I haven't used it too much, but I think I am getting the hang of it. So far I have only used it relic hunting, where it seems a definite improvement over my AT Pro, except in high iron areas.
The true all metal mode is awesome, I can't believe how much better it seems for relic hunting. The three frequency pinpoint is also amazing, it helps so much for probable target id. The only thing I do not like so far is the lack of good modulated audio in disc mode. In the all metal mode, I feel very comfortable because the audio is modulated and I can get most of the info I could get from the proportional audio on my AT Pro. On the AT, most of my decision to dig or not came from audio, so the lack of it on the V3i is rather hard to get used to. The all metal mode thankfully is modulated which is why I currently prefer it to disc mode. I do think I will adjust to the lack of modulated audio, and in any case I still have my AT if I want to use it.
So far I have found a good many civil war relics, some flat buttons, an 1864 Indian head cent, and a piece of cut silver so I'm doing quite well with it. I'll probably post pictures sometime in the next few days.
Also, I've read that many people give up on the v3i because it has way too many settings. I actually found it to have less than I expected. Though mainly I don't even use most of them. Overall I'm quite pleased with the V3i.
Seth

I said good modulated audio. All the modulation in disc does is make weaker signals fainter. You cannot determine target size, composition (flat iron), or just find round sounding coin signals. I can hear the difference between coins and other high conductors on my AT. On the V3i I have to look at a screen. It is not that big of a deal, just something I need to get used to.

Yeah the v ain't no at machine lol. Every machine has its benefits and drawbacks . Fwiw I hated the at pro ,and used the gold for 1.5 seasons and could never get comfortable with it . The v on the other hand, fits me like a glove :)

coinhunterseth said:
I've been wanting a v3i for many years now, and was able to finally buy one in early January. I haven't used it too much, but I think I am getting the hang of it. So far I have only used it relic hunting, where it seems a definite improvement over my AT Pro, except in high iron areas.
The true all metal mode is awesome, I can't believe how much better it seems for relic hunting. The three frequency pinpoint is also amazing, it helps so much for probable target id. The only thing I do not like so far is the lack of good modulated audio in disc mode. In the all metal mode, I feel very comfortable because the audio is modulated and I can get most of the info I could get from the proportional audio on my AT Pro. On the AT, most of my decision to dig or not came from audio, so the lack of it on the V3i is rather hard to get used to. The all metal mode thankfully is modulated which is why I currently prefer it to disc mode. I do think I will adjust to the lack of modulated audio, and in any case I still have my AT if I want to use it.
So far I have found a good many civil war relics, some flat buttons, an 1864 Indian head cent, and a piece of cut silver so I'm doing quite well with it. I'll probably post pictures sometime in the next few days.
Also, I've read that many people give up on the v3i because it has way too many settings. I actually found it to have less than I expected. Though mainly I don't even use most of them. Overall I'm quite pleased with the V3i.
Seth

You can make the V3i more complicated in your own mind......I have mine set which I rarely adjust, except sensitivity and maybe tweak the discrimination depending on what and where I'm hunting. Don't overthink all of its many adjustments. My go to detector 90% of the time.

Guess that might be the key for me, try not to make it more difficult than it has to be.

Imho it's ALOT less complicated than the dfx I had and a thousand times more user friendly. I'm by no means a techy person, just made a few adjustments with help of a video and I was off. The live controls are a blessing.