Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New V3i user

dirtmaster

Hello folks. I recently traded my MXT Pro for a V3i and was wandering if I run in preset for the moment until I attend college to get my degree to properly run it, LOL will it perform as well as the MXT Pro at preset?

I currently own both the MXT and now the V3i. In Preset, I found the MXT was a bit deeper. Setting the sense on my V3i to 78 puts it on par with the MXT. I gotta tell ya, for as much as I love the MXT the V3i is quite simply a much better detector. I love the fact that you can adjust the V3i to maximize it's performance in any situation. In Coin and Jewelry or in Coin mode, the two adjustments which will really impact depth are RX Gain and Sensitivity. I set the RX Gain to 10 and Sense to 80. This gave me extra depth and the V3i still runs very stable. You don't need to go crazy with the V3i settings, a few simple changes make a big difference.

Thanks so much Mike. That sets me at ease as I really struggled trying to decide whether or not to make the trade as I do love the MXT Pro.