Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Vaquero Owner - Appreciate Any Advice

thepest

I just bought a Vaquero.... i've been swapping between a white prisim IV... and a Bandido II U max for about a year now.... ( guess i'm still a newbie ) 2 geusses which detector i favor.... i opted for the Vaquero because it has the GB like the Bandido... and from what i understood... it's a bigger badder machine....i have yet to find one coin or peice of jewlry..... but i'm the bestest finder of nails, washers, and bolts in all of today.... which is why i wanted somthing new with gonad's.... any advice would be awesome......:)

I dunno:shrug:

Step off a few feet away from where you diggin' all them nails???
...Work your way around the edges of that iron deposit???

They are a clue SOMETHING was goin' on there...
Sometimes it's NOT a bad idea to clear out trash that may be masking good targets, depending on potential of the site.
If the site was a shipping pallet salvage facility for a vegetable grower in the 1970's I might look elsewhere.:biggrin:

...Now you know what nails sound like, plant a target such as what you hope to find and note how it sounds???

HH
rmptr

Hunt those trashy areas with the disc up to about max and cherry pick for silver. You'll dig a little trash, but you'll find silver if it's there. Go slow. After you try that, back off your disc a bit and start again.

Hit the "tot lots" for some practice, lots of crap there that helps you see how different things chime in. I have had mine for just under 2 weeks now and had some pretty good luck in tot lots and in areas that are fields and brush now but used to be houses about 150 years ago or so. it took me a about a good 10 hrs or so to get the hang of how different things react and im still learning about it. heres what i have found in the past 2 weeks, not including about 3 lbs of nails, pull tabs, beer caps foil wrappers etc.... I found a braclet today that says 925 Italy. assuming that is sterling silver.

Howdy all....
i got my vaq a few days ago..... but only finally had time to try it out this evening.....this sabre is a totally diffrent weapon compared to my bandido II.... i spent a good 20 min goofin with it..... till i got a feel for the controls and sounds......then off i went..... as i was heading back in the woods... to my favorite place to dig for nails and bits of metal..... i got a blip on the way.... so i stopped and tried out the new pinpointer.... i zero'd in... dug a clump.... and right on the bottom aprox. 4 inches down was a "jack "....
i was walkin at good pace.... and the vaq caught it...... before i ran out of daylight i hit the place where i took away an old rotton swing set..... like the kind i had from sears when i was a kid...... i had to set the disc and the sensetivity to max to cut out the flakes of rust everywhere..... then i got a good solid blip.... near a 6 inch round sapling i used that lovely pin pointer again....i dug another 4 inch clump.... and there it was.... my First coin..... nuthing special.... just a 1970 lincoln cent......( just about the right time frame for the swing set ) but after months of nails ..bolts...washers....spent shotgun shells...and evey twisted bit of metal known to man..... the vaquero within the first half hour of use..... has rekindled my fire.... the stone mason foundation where the house was had people till the ealy 80's when it burned down.... i know there's treasure to find as long as i don't give up.... i went on to find yet another piece of copper ground wire and a jar lid ..... but that stupid penny is the bestest find in all of today for me..... thanks for the all your help guys.....it saved me hours of tinkering to figure the vaq out..... :detecting:

Hay Pest,

Yes the Bandido II and the Vaquero are very different animals.

They are both very good machines when used poeperly.

The Vaquero is very discriptive in all metal and if you learn to

use the all metal, the V can hold its own in a variety of different

different applications and environments.

Best of luck,

hey TabDog.....
should i plan on cuttin the bandido II loose ... and look for a new second machine???? it had been my primary.... i latched on to it cause of the stories i herd about it being used to find nuggets in heavy mineralized soil..... it sounded like a versitile weapon..... but the vaquero just beat it all up..... the whites prisim IV i have just agrivates me everytime i turn it on.....it finds copper ground wire ok..... i been lettin the kids use it....:rofl: anthony

alot has happened since i posted last....i've had 2 grand finds.... both simular in nature.... in both cases... i got a faint chirp on the vaquero.... that didnt respond when i used the pinpointer.... but they both were steady...... the first was at a local beach on the delaware river.... at dead low tide....on the edge of the water.... at nine inches down in the mud under the sand.... i recoverd a 10k gold class ring from 1980....i was suprised at how deep it was..... more recently.... i got that same faint chip again..... this time i was in the middle of no where in the woods..... and again.... nine inches down.... i recovered a colonial farthing (half cent) along with what looks like a tin shirt button....... both times it was strange how i had a steady signal.... that wasnt there when i used the pinpointer..... either way... they were neat finds ..... :clapping: