Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Vaquero

mortarman

Well I ordered my Vaquero Wednesday from Hollands Brook and was hoping to get it today but checking the tracking info the post office says it was misrouted. ARRRRGH!!!!
Friggin' postal service. :veryangry:
They say they fixed the problem but the tracking info hasn't changed. Maybe tomorrow.

mortarman, Sorry to hear the post office screwed up your delivery. It kills me waiting on a new detector and I'm sure you are very anxious to get your new Vaquero. Postal tracking is a big joke....and that's why I always ship UPS, at least you know where the package is at all times.
Hang in there, it will be worth the wait. You bought one of the best metal detectors out there and will love it. Keep us posted on your finds and if you have any problems someone here will help you......HH.

Roger

You'll love the Vaquero !!!!!!!

Well, it arrived today! Took it out for a few minutes and found some trash and one clad dime(1987). Found out my back yard has a lot of trash. I was getting quite a few hits. I'll go out again when I have more time. I'm going to have a lot of fun with this baby!

I Don`t Like USPS i dont care how cheep thy are??

Your finds will get much better than that.. glad it finally arrived.
You will not be disappointed in that little detector.. it may look like a toy, but it is a very good detector and very light too!!
Like someone else stated in another post eariler, you may want to look into getting a 5.75" coil for it later on for hunting trashy sites and it is great for old home sites also.
Good luck and look forward to seeing your Vaquero finds,
Felix

Thanks Felix. Yeah I have my eye on a few parks around here but I have to practice digging a little more. Funny you mentioned the toy reference. I thought the same thing when I opened the box. I didn't expect it to be so small. But I do enjoy the light weight!

mortarman, don't let the small size of the Vaquero fool you....it will open a can of whoop ass on alot of detectors costing much more. Ground balancing is important on the V so read the owners manual and practice ground balancing it. Soon it will be very easy to do and you get peak performance when it is set up right. When pinpointing your target will be in the D shape center of the coil. Hope to see some old coins being posted by you soon.........HH.

Roger

Hey that's great OCD! I really like it, so lite and really easy to swing.

This is a must watch video for new Vaquero owners; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L10NQcT7YDo

You are so right Craig. I've seen all of his videos, more than once! Very helpful. Thanks for posting the link! :bouncy::tesoro::bouncy:

Glad to hear you got your Vaquero!! Happy hunting to ya!!

Congrats on maybe the best MD out there. I've found more with my "V" than any of my other detectors. Simple, deep, light and well made. I can tell you my ETrac and MXT have collected a lot of dust this past year.

Mike, your videos are what pushed me over the fence to buy my "V"! I'm NJDartman on youtube. I've commented a couple of times on there. You are doing a great service to the MD community! :please:

That is great, you take of the machine and it will take of you! Best of Luck, Hank.