Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New video, seated dime plus 2012 displays

umrgolf

I just got my video put together today of my latest outing. Only took me a frikin week :shrug: :lol:

(available to 720p)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dElHGTOcsBU

Here's a few pictures of what's in the video for those who can't watch them... as mentioned, I've added my January-June finds.

-Jeff

mmasterpiece said:
saw your video on youtube, you are having an outstanding year Jeff!

thanks, I'm out almost everyday in these camps grinding it out :detecting: .. trust me, most hunts turn up very little

Great finds. That seated dime is sweet. You're lucky to have such great spots. Keep on diggin it. cch

Cajuncoinhunter said:
Great finds. That seated dime is sweet. You're lucky to have such great spots. Keep on diggin it. cch

You'd be amazed how many guys around here have never dug a bullet. I get pm's all the time from people asking me to take them out to find their first bullet. I'd say it doesn't have much to do with luck.

Umrgolf -

I get a lot of PMs too. Trust me I know how research pays off and its obvious that you do too. Basically, my point is that one usually cannot find CW relics if there wasnt any troop activity there to begin with. You and I are both blessed to be in geographical locations rich with CW history. I personally consider myself (and you) lucky in that aspect.

Keep on digging and posting.

CCH

Cajuncoinhunter said:
Umrgolf -

I get a lot of PMs too. Trust me I know how research pays off and its obvious that you do too. Basically, my point is that one usually cannot find CW relics if there wasnt any troop activity there to begin with. You and I are both blessed to be in geographical locations rich with CW history. I personally consider myself (and you) lucky in that aspect.

Keep on digging and posting.

CCH

You're right about that! Need to figure out where that half dollar is now :bouncy: (and hopefully it looks a lot like the one you found lol)

Hmmmm - i think you doing just fine there Mr. Civil War Pocket Spill :shrug: CCH

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?82,1660348

Cajuncoinhunter said:
Hmmmm - i think you doing just fine there Mr. Civil War Pocket Spill :shrug: CCH

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?82,1660348

I'm always hungry for more though! :super:

Excellent video with some very nice finds. Thanks for sharing. What type of machine are you using? Looks like a Fisher F75 SE Pro.

E-TREC-Virginia said:
Excellent video with some very nice finds. Thanks for sharing. What type of machine are you using? Looks like a Fisher F75 SE Pro.

Thanks, I believe they have the same coil, but it's a Fisher Gold Bug DP. I think they retail around $749. It's probably not as deep as an F75 but it kills the small targets and iron separation is unmatched IMO.

umrgolf said:
E-TREC-Virginia said:

Thanks, I believe they have the same coil, but it's a Fisher Gold Bug DP. I think they retail around $749. It's probably not as deep as an F75 but it kills the small targets and iron separation is unmatched IMO.

Well, it's hard to argue with success. Looks like you are a pro with it. Look forward to more of your finds.

VERY nice collection and video. Have plenty of bullets in my collection but am still looking for my first CW camp silver coin(s). Most sites that I hunt have been hit pretty hard already by other detectorists so I'm lucky to find what I do and have to hunt hard to get it. Only small chances of finding old silver in my spots, most of it has been cherry picked long ago. Definitely not complaining, though, with what I have found. I can remember my first bullet and how bad I wanted to find more after I dug it. Still brings a smile to my face to see a bullet in the bottom of my hole or in the plug. Thanks for the video and pictures. Still love those lead knucks, wouldn't you "dig" knowing the story behind those and the soldier who owned them?!
HH