Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Video with my F-75 LTD

JohnTN

I made a video of a relic hunt with my F75 LTD. Let me know what you guys think. This little inspiration is for all you guys who are froze in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk2KB3FhEe0

Great video. Always enjoy watching your hunts.

I just started hunting a similar old house place behind our house down here in Mississippi. It has a very heavy trash burden. What F75 LTD settings were you using during that hunt?

With the LTD I have found what works best for me is to go through in BP Mode about 50 Sensitivity, 2 tone, and disc. 12 and dig the obvious signals first. Then come back in DE, JE, of PF depending on the site in 4 tone 0 disc. 80-90 Sensitivity and pick out the highly masked targets. Get ready for an ear bashing though. I have found the BP mode in these last settings to be a bit slow to get the highly masked targets. JMHO.

Love the way you flashed the cleaned finds in the video as you went... How deep would you say the F75LTD was hitting with the 5" coil..Looked to be deep in the video.

Nice video. I found a Swastika just like the one you found hunting in an old Civil War town in South Missouri. I was told by a local that there was a German POW camp about 15 miles from the town. Don't know if that relates, or not, but I was surprised when I cleaned it up and saw the Swastika.

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

Enjoyed the video John. I think you are right concerning the bp mode being a little slow for optimum unmasking on extremely trashy sites. I've continued to use bp and the 5" coil with 0 disc. and high sen. on sites I've hunted hard with the regular F 75 in mostly de mode because I have already hunted these spots with the regular 11" and the smaller 6 1/2" coil and am recovering very few severely masked targets. What I am finding, though, and I have mentioned this before, is the bp mode is a killer on deeper coins that are on edge that I had previously missed with the regular F 75. Again, enjoyed the video and good hunting in your neck of the woods. HH jim tn

Elton, strange but I don't really notice a significant depth loss with the 5" coil as opposed to the 11" DD. Glad you enjoyed the video.

jimmyk I have noticed this swaztika is in reverse. I believe it stands for good luck. I have found good luck tokens in the past that also had the swaztika in reverse. I believe the Nazi swaztika was clockwise. I would like to see a picture of yours.

John

Thanks jimtn I don't post much on the Fisher Forum but I lurk alot and enjoy your post. You do very well with the Fishers on coins. I do sometimes then sometimes not so well. I usually grab my Etrac for coin hunting. Not that it's any better I've just had a lot better luck coinshooting with the Etrac in my soil. I prefer the F75 and LTD when I'm in a site where I'm digging everything but iron. I have not noticed much difference if any in the depth of targets I dig with either machine.

Here's a picture of my Swatika. It's 1 and 3/4 inches square. I guess it depends on which side you look at it. The way I have mine displayed is the way the German's used it in WW II. If you look at it from the other side, it would be in "reverse". The area I found it was a Civil War battle site, as well as the center of town, so no telling where it came from. An interesting find, regardless.

jimmyk in Missouri

Thanks for the inspiration! Great video. I am hoping to see some ground by the weekend ... maybe; although there is an awful lot of the white stuff to melt by then.

John I really enjoyed your video. I need to test out that little 5" DD more on my LTD, it looks like it's got great depth.

Question for you - what software did you use to edit your video?

Thanks and HH,
Brian

Thanks tvr I hope you get some digging in soon. We got snow here the past two days so I'm kinda on hold myself now.
Brian I'm glad you liked the video. I really do like the 5" DD on the LTD. However I really didn't care for the little eliptical on the LTD.
The software I am using is Pinnacle Pro Studio

The origin of the swastica is over 3000 years old, long before Hitler adopted it as a Nazi symbol. It can face either way, and many religions used it as their symbol. By the way John, why were you using the small coil in such a big area? Nice video.

I'm glad to see other folks out there doing the video thing. There's a lot of work goes into filming a little 5-7 minute video and then editing and all that good stuff. I think I almost bought the camera you were using as well....or one similar. I didn't like the focus on it; having to go to macro to get things in focus up close. There is a window you have to hit just right or you get it too close/too far to clearly focus. I went with a different camera with a much better system for focusing up close & far and thus far am happy with it...just gotta find the time to get out and get some finds on film.

Man I'd almost kill to have good looking dirt like you have there! What does it read on the FE meter there?

JohnTN said:
I really do like the 5" DD on the LTD. However I really didn't care for the little eliptical on the LTD.

For me, I think the little elliptical lets me wiggle targets out even closer to large interfering boundaries like metal fences, re-enforced sidewalks and poles than the 5" DD. Since those types of places are plentiful close to home ... the elliptical gets more swing time for me. The 5 inch does seem to ID a little better.
tvr

Shennandoah digger, thanks for the history of the swaztica. I did not realize the symbol was that old. I was using the 5" DD coil at this area because of all the big thick clumps of grass I could get much closer to the ground an in between the clumps much better. There is an abundance of iron at this site and the 11" DD has stopped producing, the only think I am able to find at this point is what I can un-mask or get the coil into.

DanielTN the ground here usual GB is 49-54 FeO3 at .3-1 Some areas are hotter than others. I use the Kodak zi8 and I agree the zoom is a bit wierd but the macro takes great close ups.

tvr I don't know why but I've never had good luck with the elliptical coil. Could be most of the spots I search are old homesteads that are saturated with iron combined with pretty hot ground. The elliptical just likes the iron too much in my soil.

JohnTN said:
Brian I'm glad you liked the video. I really do like the 5" DD on the LTD. However I really didn't care for the little eliptical on the LTD.
The software I am using is Pinnacle Pro Studio

Thanks John. I also have Pinnacle Pro (V9), you encouraged me to finally crack open the manual and do my first detecting video :thumbup: