Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new video....

bigboar

posted over at MLO..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ill4euIelU&feature=player_embedded

using a scoop one handed would be very difficult I think. I will need the water proof headphones and that way you can drop the unit in the water to dig. hope I AM CORRECT ASSUMING YOU CAN SUBMERGE THE SCREEN AS i SOLD MY cz21

The whole thing is submersible as long as the audio interface you are using on the rear is a waterproof one.

HH
BB

Sonny(IN) said:
using a scoop one handed would be very difficult I think. I will need the water proof headphones and that way you can drop the unit in the water to dig. hope I AM CORRECT ASSUMING YOU CAN SUBMERGE THE SCREEN AS i SOLD MY cz21
Only reason he's not using the water proof headphones is that they couldn't get them from Minelab in time before testing.

as I had mine on the beach over the winter. Your comment is just another example of inaccurate speculation. :nono: HH Randy

I am a bit confused, is this saying that you need the waterproof wired headphones or the wireless will lose connection if the base goes underwater??
Thanks

if you submerge the display while using wireless you will lose the signal. If you want to submerge past the display you need to have the wired waterproof headphones connected.

The detector can go underwater. Just don't drown the wireless module. HH Randy

Sorry, I should have added if you want sound through headphones. Or am I incorrect digger?

Digger said:
as I had mine on the beach over the winter. Your comment is just another example of inaccurate speculation. :nono: HH Randy
http://www.minelabowners.com/forum/f179/videos-ctx-field-test-gordon-anyone-21926/:

"Unfortunatly we didn't get branded detectors until last week, so we won't have anything for you to see for quite a while. I am in Norway now until Sunday, filming, but the wheather is crap... I pulled ten rings off a beach in four feet of water... I wanted to go deeper, but we haven't got the waterproof headphones yet (so am on wireless)."

So what should I call you now?

No, I won't go to that level of namecalling and I'm really sorry you did but I guess you had the need to put someone down and felt you found and easy target. I'm really sorry you're such a place in your live you had to do that. You lost tons of respect in my book.

Sonny said he'd need waterproof headphones. You said the "only reason he's not using the water proof headphones is that they couldn't get them from Minelab in time before testing" Having been using the same waterproof headphones since last year, I responded that I doubted that was the reason. You then post the link where the other tester actually said: "Unfortunatly we didn't get branded detectors until last week, so we won't have anything for you to see for quite a while. I am in Norway now until Sunday, filming, but the wheather is crap... I pulled ten rings off a beach in four feet of water... I wanted to go deeper, but we haven't got the waterproof headphones yet (so am on wireless)."

First off, Gordon was not on a "test" while at the beach in Norway. If you would read the background posted by the guy who accompanied Gordon, Gary Brun, you'd see that they were on their own dime, and on their own time. They were not under the commission of Minelab. So your comment "only reason he's not using the water proof headphones is that they couldnot get them from Minelab in time before testing" is not true. Just as I said.

And now you close with this....

Heelgrasper said:
So what should I call you now? No, I won't go to that level of namecalling and I'm really sorry you did but I guess you had the need to put someone down and felt you found and easy target. I'm really sorry you're such a place in your live you had to do that. You lost tons of respect in my book.

What a comment! HH Randy

I can not see how Minelab would be to pleased with that video i know i was not !! ill wait until the paint job is dry before i pay that kind of money , give it time to shake out all the bug,s which IMO should of been done in the first place push push push . Iam sure it will prove to be a great machine .Jim

Digger said:
Sonny said he'd need waterproof headphones. You said the "only reason he's not using the water proof headphones is that they couldn't get them from Minelab in time before testing" Having been using the same waterproof headphones since last year, I responded that I doubted that was the reason. You then post the link where the other tester actually said: "Unfortunatly we didn't get branded detectors until last week, so we won't have anything for you to see for quite a while. I am in Norway now until Sunday, filming, but the wheather is crap... I pulled ten rings off a beach in four feet of water... I wanted to go deeper, but we haven't got the waterproof headphones yet (so am on wireless)."

First off, Gordon was not on a "test" while at the beach in Norway. If you would read the background posted by the guy who accompanied Gordon, Gary Brun, you'd see that they were on their own dime, and on their own time. They were not under the commission of Minelab. So your comment "only reason he's not using the water proof headphones is that they couldnot get them from Minelab in time before testing" is not true. Just as I said.

And now you close with this....

Heelgrasper said:
So what should I call you now? No, I won't go to that level of namecalling and I'm really sorry you did but I guess you had the need to put someone down and felt you found and easy target. I'm really sorry you're such a place in your live you had to do that. You lost tons of respect in my book.

What a comment! HH Randy

Hi Randy

Yes I have the waterproof headphone (I probably got then when you got yours).... But I hopped on the plane just with a change of clothes to Norway. Gary didn't have a set though (with his branded detector), so that's why I just went wireless.

This video was just something we did on the spur of the moment, off our own back (not costing Minelab a penny) to feed a vacuum. It will eventually be deleted. We will be shooting a proper production over the next few months.

You are correct, I was not on a Minelab test.... On the previous Friday I was testing out the wireless limitations.

Anyway I thought I would just correct these few points..... I wouldn't want any misunderstandings souring relationships.

Gordon Heritage

I appreciate your stepping forward to clear up the matter. As you well know, the past couple weeks of not being able to directly respond to some questions has lead to many frustrating posts (and emails) from those not being aware of all the details. However, I am hopeful that much of this will smooth out with the product being distributed and more reports coming in. I look forward to seeing the videos you chaps have been working on. And again, thanks for coming to my defense. HH Randy

Heelgrasper said:
Digger said:
http://www.minelabowners.com/forum/f179/videos-ctx-field-test-gordon-anyone-21926/:

"Unfortunatly we didn't get branded detectors until last week, so we won't have anything for you to see for quite a while. I am in Norway now until Sunday, filming, but the wheather is crap... I pulled ten rings off a beach in four feet of water... I wanted to go deeper, but we haven't got the waterproof headphones yet (so am on wireless)."

So what should I call you now?

No, I won't go to that level of name calling and I'm really sorry you did but I guess you had the need to put someone down and felt you found and easy target. I'm really sorry you're such a place in your live you had to do that. You lost tons of respect in my book.

Wow the sensitivity level of some these days in mind-boggling. I hardly quantify "inaccurate speculation" name calling. He's simply putting your comments into context. Branded detectors means detectors with the minelab logo and ctx3030 on them.

Something about this video seems fake to me.
A lot deeper than an Excal.
Says it is better than an Excal because of Multi Tones? Excal has Multi Tones.
Of course it should be deeper look at the size of the coil.
But try using it in a trashy area.