Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Vista GOLD user here :)

Dr.Deus

Hey guys new Vista Gold user here. Yesterday I was able to take the machine out on its first voyage using the 11" elliptical coil in a highly iron infested area. Boy am I impressed! The coin is an 1866 three cent nickel which I never even knew existed. It's tiny and real thin about the size if a US dime but I think it's smaller. It has the Roman numeral III on the back of it. I didn't picture it because you can barely make it out. I also managed to dig my very first thimble, it's not silver though. And the big rusty blob is an old pocket knife, I'm guessing I dug it up because i forgot to check it for iron grunts but that's ok! I'm really excited about this machine and have a feeling that good things are coming. Enjoy guys!

That's great, can't wait to get out and try mine.

hey once you start using that iron volume and the super six coil your going to be in seventh heaven my friend.............there are very few machines in the price class that can match the recovery speed of this also if you would like to achieve extra depth , run boost mode and slow recovery and work slow in the iron laden places and I think you will get some pleasant surprises! by the way nice finds! this machine also breaks boundary's on depth for the frequency that's running what I'd like to see is a deeptech dual freq machine or maybe a flip switch you could hunt in low freq for silver hunts in particular or high freq for low conductors and have all the other great features of the Vista Gold!

Thank you gentlemen I appreciate your words of encouragement. AMC I do have the super six that was shipped as part of the combo deal. I can't wait to try it out. I'm going to give it a whirl the next time and see what surfaces... As far as depths goes, those are almost the exact settings I had with the 11" elliptical. Except I was using an abundance of sensitivity coupled with next to nothing discrimination. A long time successful user of the Vista Gold had suggested these settings to me awhile back. He also instructed that no matter the ground balance, to set the ground balance tuning knob at or around 12:00-1:00. He made it a point that the ground would be a little noisy but it you worked the coil very slowly then the good targets really pop through the noise. Of course it also helps when you have adjustable headphone volume knobs built in lol. With the Vista Gold i intentionally purchased the machine that is specifically intended for old sites around my town. I live outside Chicago and hunt the woods so there really is no telling what I might find. Thanks again you guys I can't wait to share more cool finds!

my mineralization up here in Maine I have to run at 2:00 p.m. on the ground bal and maybe back it off slightly but for 25khz it goes amazingly deep!