Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New vs Old - - - did you see any difference

cometguy

I recently gave up my 2011 Deus. I replaced it with a newer unit and just have one hunt under my belt. I was impressed with the new unit's depth and pinpointing by crisscrossing results. I wasn't running one of my old programs but it was close to mine when I checked it. My question, do you think Deus has been making improvements all along? Just enjoying the new machine and wondering.

Don

Yes, people call me nuts but I have the air tests from earlier v3.2 vs reloading v3.2 that prove it

My 9" coil will get 9-10" deep coin-sized targets, possibly deeper depending on the soil.

Cz are you saying that you are using the same detector after reloading the 3.2 software or a newer model detector? I bought mine used and it came with 3.2 already loaded. I think it's a later model than 2011. I might try loading the software again myself and see. I'd like to build a depth test box to see how the different programs work.

Well,
If Xp has actually been tweeting say version 3.2 and not telling anyone,,,definitely possible.

I know a gent clos.y connected to a certain brand detectors,,,said tweets on their machines were in fact done,,,,granted we are not talking about an Internet update able detector,,but the programming was tweeted it seems never the less..

if XP were making small changes in the 3.2 version don't we think that they would tell us so that we could be installing those tweaks to improve our machines? I mean, why not let us know about it? It doesn't make sense to me but of course anything is possible.If anyone as any one they know to contact at XP that would be great. I might try it when i get back from vacation just for the heck of it but i don't want to mess with what I've got before then.

I agree that if they found something wonderful they would let us all know. I was just curious though if in manufacturing they discovered a better resistor, a better shielding agent, or a way to block some internal interference if they wouldn't immediately make those changes. Those things wouldn't help us that already had our machines but might improve the detector. Might great results might have just been luck but I still had that feeling that I was going deeper and hearing things just a little better than I had on my old machine. Like everyone else, I am waiting for the new software version but enjoying having a Deus back in the fold.

Thanks, Don

As far as I am aware no changes to software have been made.

I was curious if a software refresh would be of any benefit. Rebooting stuff seems to help most electronic stuff from time to time. Gary, thank you for the hot and cold programs. I just used them in my field and I think I found a small flat button. Keep up the good work and hope everyone has a good day.

I can tell you with certainty that not all machines work the same. Earlier this year I had a Deus that was manufactured in the second half of last year. I sold that machine for my own reason but have since purchased another newer machine, exact same configuration. WS4 with 11" coil and control box.

I have used both machines in the exact same areas, same settings, everything the same but this newer machine chatters MUCH more than the previous model. They both work or worked perfectly but I wish I had the older one back.

I have tried re-loading the software but it didn't make any difference.

could it be variations within the manufacturing tolerance?

either in the actual hardware itself or in the calibration of the system (i assume there's a hardware calibration done at the manufacturer)

I have a feeling if you suspect the chatter is exceptionally unusual, you could send the components back to XP for recalibration

Below is a picture of my PC's folder that contains images of most the detectors I have owed. When I have tried more than one of the same detector I create a new folder to hold it's pictures. As you can see I've owned a few different Deus's LOL. My first looks to have been around March 2012. I've not noticed any difference what so ever in any of the different ones I've owned.

Southwind....you collect detectors like some guys collect baseball cards .......:cheers:

You know, the Deus is so light you could probably swing one in each hand and tape a lower shaft and coil behind each leg....... and drag a couple coils 10 and 20 feet behind you. Run Full Tones and Zero Discrim on all of them and if the audio blitz doesn't kill you, you will clean up a site in no time :thumbup:

I did reload v3.2 into my 9" coil and there was no difference. Had an 11" coil that I reloaded v3.2 three times, and at least to me - I saw improvement. It is entirely possible that I had corrupted software - at first I thought it was EMI causing the difference.

Have been hunting the same area since about a year ago, and still pull deep coins almost every hunt. Don't see much if any depth difference with the 9" coil vs 11" coil on coins - 9-10" deep is about the limit. Mike hit a measured 11-12" deep Wheat cent a few hunts ago; his CTX called it at 12" deep. In 12Khz I got a signal on this target, but in 4Khz is was too iffy to dig...

Love love love the 9" coil :detecting:

My detector has been chatty with my nine that I bought used wonder if I need yp load 3,2 into it and how do I do that?

All I done was "re-update" 3.2 in everything with hopes that there was a "slight difference" between 1 of the 3 wireless pieces.

I don't know if there is some other way of re-loading the software or not?

Its very possible that the software build version 3.2 that was preloaded on the units in the factory is different than the current v3.2 available on the website. Just because it displays v3.2 in the GUI doesn't mean its the same code. Software is always being improved, internally this could mean the build is v3.2.1 or v3.2.9, the user doesn't have to know. Its always possibly they could be tweaking the code slowly based on feedback and releasing it. So Its best to update your unit every couple of months.