Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New with my Fisher F4

Wow, I got a lot of questions to ask. First when shooting for coins I have been told to skip the pennies and go for the higher tones as the pennies take up to much time digging. Also, should you discriminate only for iron and or the first 2 and go crazy with all the dings and dong or should you discriminate all but the 5 cents up to the dime? If I discriminate the first 5 then I won't find any gold. What do you guys recomend?

Dig it all, this includes the pennies and the trash !

Learning a new machine its always best to dig all repeatable signals. Best way to learn your machine. LOTS of good targets come in around the penny range!

Landstar and Bart are correct,dig it all its the best learning curve out there.I started out with the F4,and still have it,learn what its telling you and you will be very happy with it..JMHO...hh rick in mi.