Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New X-Terra 705

Fletch88

Did a little trading with one of my Sovereigns to aquire a NIB X-Terra 705 Goldpack. Can't wait to learn a new machine! How does the beach mode work? It includes Diggers book also. I've read many of his articles on ML site and am really excited about reading the book.

welcome3_zpscf6495c6.gif

Welcome to the Xterra family Fletch! Glad to have you join the party!

Answers to most of your questions (including Beach Mode) are found within the covers of Randy's book, and probably better explained there than anywhere else.
(I still can't believe it's FREE! It's easily worth as much or more than any of Andy's books)

Congrats on your new 705. I love the 5X10 HF coil and it stays on my machine the biggest majority of the time. Never hunted a beach with mine so can't help you there but the 705 is an excellent land machine.

I just finished reading Diggers book! I could not put it down ( my IPad that is ) until I finished reading it. This is the most informative metal detecting book I've ever read. Thanks to Digger for writing such a great book about the X-Terra line and metal detecting in general.

Best Regards,
Walt

Fletch, congratulations on you new 705! Just like you, my first ML was a Sovereign, but now I've got the 705 w\10x5 gold pack coil and today I received my 9" 3ghtz concentric coil. Randy's book is a real gold mine, but my retention is slowing down, so I've had to read it at least three times already! The 705 is a great detector, I'm sure you'll have many enjoyable hunts with it. HH

Thank you for the kind words Fletch88. I always appreciate hearing from those who have found my eBook informative and useful. Best of luck with your new X-TERRA. It is, without a doubt, one of the most under-rated detectors in the marketplace today. HH Randy

Beach mode works fairly well, depending on what type of beach you are hunting, and what coil you use. When running my 705 with the 9 inch 3Khz concentric in beach mode in the wet, salt sand in NJ, it ran pretty smooth and got ok depth. The Sov will do better in the depth department in the wet sand, but the 705 will separate better. I did not use any coil that was not water proof in the wet, salt sand due to also hunting the suds, so I never used my 5x10 HF coil in that environment.

In my opinion, for any type of coin hunting on land or in the dry sand, the Coiltek 'Digger' coil is tops. Maybe because I had great luck with that coil, but it is one heck of a coil and a great investment. It sniffs out silver like a champ.

The 705 is one versatile detector and a great addition to your arsenal. And I agree...Randy's book is a super book, full of great information and a must read.

Just did a short hunt today, a little over an hr, with my 705 and the Digger coil strapped on. Going over a month now and really getting coinshooting down. Played around cherry picking quarters at a dirt parking area. 9 clad quarters, 1 nickel and 2 clad dimes. Nickel and dimes were in holes with a quarter or close enough for propointer to read on side of holes. A bit over an hr. Not too bad. That lil digger will read a solid repeatable 42 on every quarter. This was a 50x6' strip! Trashy as can be. Sensitiviity I always run no higher than 20 with the digger but pushed to 22 cause ground phase was hmmm, I forget, think 21 so not too heavy. I always hunt with multi tones and use zero disc by using program 1 with all the notched out segments notched back in. I believe this gives me a little more dependablilty with VID. And I don't have to worry about masking a coin. You'll like the 705. Its my first Mid level detector/real md and the machine is making me look better than I am. You'll want the Digger coil, its mucho hot!! and sooo sensitive. A real coin killer. And I'm also a huge fan of Randy and his super book on X-Terras. I was a Lutheran and converted to the Horton bible as have many of us.
HH....

When I got my 705 as a first detector I read Digger's book cover to cover and he really sold me on AM and multi tones. So much so, in fact, that I started right out in this mode from the beginning. It takes a bit to learn, especially when you're new, but all of a sudden it will make sense when you dig targets and they are just as you thought they might be from the tones. It's really a ton of fun, and I really can't feature operating any other way.

Hi...got the x-terra 705 about 3 or 4 weeks ago, got some good pointers from Longhair and Fletch88 on another forum...I have been using the 705 in the AM mode 2 tones and watching what the targets fall under in the VID meter before I dig it and it seams to be working pretty good, digging a lot more nickels now, still no luck with the gold rings yet, a few silver rings and enough pull tabs to feel have a coffee can...:)

jhen999 said:
Hi...got the x-terra 705 about 3 or 4 weeks ago, got some good pointers from Longhair and Fletch88 on another forum...I have been using the 705 in the AM mode 2 tones and watching what the targets fall under in the VID meter before I dig it and it seams to be working pretty good, digging a lot more nickels now, still no luck with the gold rings yet, a few silver rings and enough pull tabs to feel have a coffee can...:)
The 18.75khz 6" DD is a killer on nickels! I've found more nickels with it than any other coil.