Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New X-Terra Pro Features

morelic1955

Looks like a bunch of coil choices also! Still not on the Minelab site. Nothing mentioned in the specs yet on ground balance or tracking option.

Last edited:
Looks like a bunch of coil choices also! Still not on the Minelab site. Nothing mentioned in the specs yet on ground balance or tracking option.

I think I'm going to have to get my hands on one to know what I want to know about it.
Regardless, I'll still never be without a 705 for what it can do that no other single machine can.

I think I'm going to have to get my hands on one to know what I want to know about it.
Regardless, I'll still never be without a 705 for what it can do that no other single machine can.
Yea, me too! Got a good dealer that's one of Minelabs top sellers keeping me up on it. For the price point, can't not get one. I'll sell a couple of surplus X-Terra's that I have in my collection.

Yea, me too! Got a good dealer that's one of Minelabs top sellers keeping me up on it. For the price point, can't not get one. I'll sell a couple of surplus X-Terra's that I have in my collection.
What is the price point for the Xterra Pro?

The price will be $269 in the US. The owners manual is available to download on the Minelab website.

A study was done years ago, and it was determined that 2.7kHz was the optimal frequency for finding silver dimes. That is why I got so pumped over having 3kHz coils other than the original 9"CC, which did alright, but was useless where trash density was an issue.

And nobody has mentioned it yet, so I will. The new Pro actually has four frequencies to select from. You have the three (5-10-15) on the main menu, but you also have 8kHz in Beach Mode.
I don't know what to expect with Beach Mode on dry land. It's supposed to deal with wet salt & black sand, so presumably there has to be a major difference in its programming in that mode over standard C/T Mode.
I really want to dive deep into the new Pro to see what it's made of and how it stacks up against my trusty 705.