Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new xp deus all I can say is wow. first day out 2 gold.

spellman

I just got my deus and this thing is amazing. First day of hunting at the beach and I got 2 gold rings one is a 17.9 gram 14k. With these I will be buying the 13" coil. This thing is amazing. Also im using the xy visualization screen and with that you can easily identify targets . Bottle caps no problem. I was able to call out what coins I was digging before I dug by the end of the first day. Dont think ill be using vdi . With the xy screen you can pluck the good targets from the trash easily. I love this machine. Also already did the headphone mod works great.

My deus is a v2. I got it used. But if you go into options and press pinpoint and the plus buttons at the same time it gives you advanced options and you can pic th xy screen. I would say to try this at home with some coins some iron and some trash so you can get an idea how it works. I used that screen all dsy at the beach and I did dig some trash just to verify but I knew it was trash every time . Play with it and after a while you can tell foil pull tabs coins and bottle caps apart very easy also rings have a signature to them as well. This screen is great and it doesn't matter what frequency your running it works the same so you don't have to remember the numbers. I would say to try it for a whole hunt. Ill probably only use that screen for visual id. It helps you learn the sounds to cause you can actually see where the signal goes into the iron zone. I love it.

i tried it a bit tonight i can draw a real nice pic of something..bout it. this might take practice.

It takes a little bit to learn whats going on but I think this gives more info than the so called smartfind screen. And mike I love your old outlaw it is killer with the cleansweep coil.

Thanks for the information about the xy screen. That's the first I've heard about and nothing in the manual about it that I am aware. Great rings by the way.

spellman said:
It takes a little bit to learn whats going on but I think this gives more info than the so called smartfind screen. And mike I love your old outlaw it is killer with the cleansweep coil.

glad you like the Outlaw that is a nice machine but I had no use for it anymore was just going to sit. Looks like ya bought it off of van...nice guy to deal with pat is pretty awesome. Im real happy it went to a good home bud!!

Yeah now that I got the deus I probably won't use the outlaw as much but I've been letting my friend use it and he loves it. Im hoping the outlaw will get him more interested in the hobby so he will come hunt with me more. Right now its just me on most of my hunts. Company while hunting is great and it brings out some competition and that helps bring out the best finds.

The X-Y screen issue is nothing new . . . . its been discussed here and on other foruns before. It is NOT some secret mode that provides extra depth and super performance. It is a screen used for testing the detector and was never intended for being used in the field as many of the other functions such as GB and tracking among others are not active.

Many other detectors have similar screens left in place for testing and service applications - the Minelab units all have these "secret" screens that do nothing to help you find more in the field.

Before forum members get all excited and think that there is some option that is not included in the manual that provides features that bost in-field performance, do you think this is something that Alain and his team woudl not have included in the manual and touted if it worked this way?

I always tell people to use what works and if Spellman is finding stuff using the test screen, then by all means continue. Personally, having the entire suite of functions built into the Deus working as designed is how I opt to run mine.

Alain had provided a response which explained the test usage of this mode and explained that it was never intended to be used to actually search for targets in that mode.

Andy Sabisch