Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Newbe here Just getting started.

ncdigger

Hey everyone,
My name is Jeff Brown I live in Mount Pleasant NC just out side of Concord, NC.
Last week I got an Minelab Excalibur II Went to the beach for Thanksgiving and tried my new detector out. Well I did not do to good. Lets say I just sucked at beach hunting.. I been detecting for 30 years all of it has been relic hunting. So I got a wild hair up my a@@ and wanted to start beach and water detecting. You should have seen me, There I was, cold as heck waves knocking me over and knowing nothing about this kind of detecting, what a funny site this must have been for the on lookers...I am not giving up!! I hope this forum can help and I would like to find some friends that would take me hunting with them. Thanks for your time and any info would be grateful....ncdigger

Is very strenuos so eat your wheaties....Certainly presents many new techniques and the like so if you have a local mentor it will cut down on the transition.Certainly the place for gold jewelry...Good luck in your ventures...

for me water hunting is better than land as you dont have to bend over all the time to dig.and my long handle beach scoop works great.ya just have to go slow and take it easy.enjoy!

Bling, I know I will enjoy beach detecting I have talked to my friends who land hunts and all of them just wanted to hunt relics. To me civil war stuff is getting hard to come by. @ the beach every trip could bring new finds...I'm hoping to hook up with some Carolina beach hunters, I'm sure there out there...If it's like civil war hunting, It's hard to get into a group..
What do you think about hookah diving?

Thank you everyone!!! What a great group of people here. I felt so welcome to your forum.. Thank you Eric! I would like to take a rain check on that...Where in NC are you from? Thanks everyone for your help. Jeff

Hi ncdigger, I am an avid beach/water hunter, and I can tell you that Water Detecting is a WHOLE DIFFERENT BALLGAME!! I have been a serious water-hunter for over eight yrs., and I am NOT ONE of the MORE SUCCESSFUL ONES!! I have a tendency to GET FRUSTRATED with MY SCOOPING SKILLS, and after what seems like 15 mins of scooping a single target, and CANNOT GET IT, I walk away from it! Sometimes I try to go back to it, and sometimes I can get it on the 2nd
attempt at scooping, and sometimes I CANNOT FIND the EXACT SPOT/TARGET!! Three things you need to start with!! Are an after-market STRAIGHT SHAFT; a Long-handled STAINLESS STEEL Scoop, unless you are going to stay in Hip or SHALLOWER Depth Water; and finally (Most IMPORTANT) A GOOD WORKING KNOWLEDGE of the EXCAL!! After you have those (3) things, YOU NEED PATIENCE and to DEVELOPE VERY GOOD Deep Water SCOOPING SKILLS (that being the next MOST IMPORTANT THING other than the WORKING KNOWLEDGE of the EXCAL!! BEST of LUCK, hh, Les Robinson