Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Newbie BH Pioneer 505

Hoze513

About a week ago I order a BH pioneer505, from kellyco for about $194 new. I had them price match. It's supose to come in on monday 11,29,10. I have never been metal detecting in my life. So Iam very excited and happy. Iam only 29years old. I have been reading all kind of tips,reviews,forms. I hope i made the right choise. So if anybody gots some more tips,ideas. I can sure use the help. thank you for reading this.

Get ready to have fun. My favorite setting for coins is autonotch mode and both knobs at 3 o'clock position. You'll have to learn your tones, but that is part of the fun. Let us know how you do. Happy Hunting. Matt

Howdy Hoze,
Congrats on getting the B.H.505.
It is a Darn Good machine. I am sure youve read recent posts of peoples finds with the same model.
I have one too, and I havent used it a whole lot. But, when I do ,it does great.
I started M.D.'in last year, myself. I started in my yard, with the 505, and found door knobs ,junk etc
I hunted around some friends places , and fishin holes. I had alot of dry runs, and came close to being disgruntled with the whole idea.
Then one day ,I found 11 ,or so wheat pennies from the 40's, like someone spilled a pocket of em.
Then, I found a 1901 Barber dime in a campground, at about 3 inches.
Thats all it took
So, no matter what ,dont give up while you are in the learning curve.
You'll be having a Great time
Congrats , and Welcome to the club.
Dusty